Trivia question of the day: yellow E, white O (or number 0) found on engine?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A few days ago decided to clean off some (more) of the 27 gallons of leaked engine oil (on a newish to me FZJ80) that's blown over everything in the engine bay during the past 20 years.

What I found was a yellow letter E hand written low down on the rearmost intake runner facing the firewall and also a hand written white O (or zero?) on the right engine mount bracket.

Any thoughts from the hive mind who made these marks, original factory marks, salvage yard marks, mechanic's scribbling??

There should also be an 'I' just aft of the oil cooler on the passenger side another up front near the timing chain cover.

There is also another 'E' .

In all:

Two E's.............Two I's and One O (oh).

Taken in aggregate they are E-I-E-I-O ;)

LOL. The location of the E seems odd, there's no way anyone could have written that with the intake installed ie: it's over an inch tall and far down on the rear intake runner close to the firewall and right side up, so the intake (or engine) had to be out of the engine bay for someone to put it there.

Maybe a worker at the Land Cruiser factory in Japan was a fan of Ebon Samurai??

Just a little light diversion from the wacko world.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom