Treadwright Tires for offroad trailers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Treadwright

I know a lot of people don't trust re treads but for a trailer that probably doesn't see as many miles as a daily driver I don't see any issues. The price is the main selling point. They even have MTR knockoffs on actual MTR carcasses. I personally have never had any experience with re treads, but I wouldn't be opposed to trying them on my daily either.

I would be curious
- what size you are considering ?
- what is the cost per tire ?
Not sure on size yet as I have to measure a few things first. As much as I like the thought of going to the 315 size I am running on the Cruiser I am worried it will become too tall to climb in the doors comfortably. I am however, about 90% sure I am going with their AT's. I will probably order this week. I'll make sure to post up my thoughts. I am heading to Canyonlands and Moab for 5 days the end of January so that will be a good test of the retreads as well.

Put them on tonight. I went from a 205/70R14 to a 245/75R16 so the old fenders had to come off as the new tires rub just a bit. I will solve that this weekend with new fenders. They are Treadwright AT Warden blemishes. Came in just over $90ea shipped. Heading to Canyonlands and Moab in a few weeks so they will have quite a few road and dirt miles as a test.
trtires-2.jpg
trtires.jpg

Just bumping this with a 2.5yr/8000mi update for anyone curious. I am sold on these tires on my trailer. Have had no issues whatsoever, and I have pounded it pretty good over the last couple years with thousands of miles of off pavement travel. They still look good and I only have one chunk on one tire.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom