Tread Lightly and promote positive four wheeling! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The other day I was talking with a gentleman and he shared a sad story. He said that some “mud boggers” were coming into Churchill on wet rainy days throughout the year taking their rigs out into fields, tearing up the land and the crops. He didn’t know exactly who they were or where they were from but they seemed to be doing this on Sunday mornings.

It saddens me to hear of these stories and the potential implications it can have to our hobby. I introduced him to our club and explained to him that we did not promote that type of behavior but just the opposite: that we did clean up days and positive things in the community.

Whether people take trucks and tear up a forest service road or private property, it hurts us all as it gives the community a negative impression when they see our rigs. I want to challenge everyone to do their part to represent their local club well!

X2..... also another comment would be, pack it in- pack it out.

This is why I'm not interested in "mudding". Unless you've got permission on private property to make a mess... you're just tearing stuff up.

I know there is a local 4x4 mudding club. Forget what they're called. Hopefully it's not them.

Yeah, it’s a shame “mudding” has turned into that. I like to think of it as a much needed skill in four wheeling along with other terrains. I think of some of our other tlca clubs around the country or world where that’s all they have. How about the Camel Trophy or just going hunting in various parts of the country where there’s really no bottom or mountain rock in the soil to get you through so knowing momentum and feathering the throttle just right is key. Doing that without breaking parts, even better. We should protect responsible wheeling regardless of terrain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom