Windshield and Alignment Recommendations (west side) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for recommendations for a windshield place that will fight for OEM glass in the Kalispell/Missoula area.

Also looking for a recommendation for a very good alignment shop in the same areas.
I have tried Kalispell Alignment & Auto Repair Inc. as well as Firestone. Neither has been able to get it completely correct after I replaced the lower control arms with OEM. (I don't think Firestone even tried. It was on the rack for less than 15 min total and the results were exactly the same as the first alignment)

Looking for recommendations for a windshield place that will fight for OEM glass in the Kalispell/Missoula area.

Also looking for a recommendation for a very good alignment shop in the same areas.
I have tried Kalispell Alignment & Auto Repair Inc. as well as Firestone. Neither has been able to get it completely correct after I replaced the lower control arms with OEM. (I don't think Firestone even tried. It was on the rack for less than 15 min total and the results were exactly the same as the first alignment)
What type of vehicle do you have?

Ron's Alignment in Kalispell is the go-to for truck alignments. I have a 100 series and they did a good job.

OEM Glass, fighting for it will be up to you and your insurance company, the repair shop isn't going to chase that. I've never had luck getting them to pay for OEM glass or the rubber trim. I opt'd to pay for new trim , which was kinda expensive, and went with aftermarket glass.

I don't think the glass being used is a big concern , you're going to get another rock launched at your window next winter anyway......Proper sealing techniques are more important. I went to Safelite in Kalispell. They didn't use rivets but they painted over the screw holes. IDK, it seems fine after 3-4 years I don't have any issues.

What type of vehicle do you have?

Ron's Alignment in Kalispell is the go-to for truck alignments. I have a 100 series and they did a good job.

OEM Glass, fighting for it will be up to you and your insurance company, the repair shop isn't going to chase that. I've never had luck getting them to pay for OEM glass or the rubber trim. I opt'd to pay for new trim , which was kinda expensive, and went with aftermarket glass.

I don't think the glass being used is a big concern , you're going to get another rock launched at your window next winter anyway......Proper sealing techniques are more important. I went to Safelite in Kalispell. They didn't use rivets but they painted over the screw holes. IDK, it seems fine after 3-4 years I don't have any issues.

Thanks. I have a 2009 LX570.

I have just heard so many bad stories about aftermarket glass and it not having the same accoustic dampening and correct fit for vin and sensors and such. I know that there are some places that will really push for OEM glass. Just not sure if anyone around here does that.

I will give Rons a try. Hopefully he can get it dialed in.

Thanks. I have a 2009 LX570.

I have just heard so many bad stories about aftermarket glass and it not having the same accoustic dampening and correct fit for vin and sensors and such. I know that there are some places that will really push for OEM glass. Just not sure if anyone around here does that.

I will give Rons a try. Hopefully he can get it dialed in.
Oh gotcha, yeah maybe the 570 deserves a bit higher quality. Maybe try to paw through the fine print of your auto policy and see if you can come up with a reason why they should provide OEM. I've seen some threads in the 100 series forums where people have made it happen.

I wonder if Kalispell Toyota can assist, I bet they deal with insurance companies for stuff. Worth giving them a call to ask their take .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom