TRD supercharger should I get it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can get my hands on a TRD supercharger. The kit was installed on a 2004 4.7 Tundra and is in very good condition. It will fit my 2001 hundy right?

The below parts are included ams I missing something?

TRD Supercharger Removed from 2004 TRD Toyota Tundra. This is the Complete Kit - it has everything you need in order to install it on your vehicle.

-TRD Supercharger

-TRD Harness

-TRD ECU

-9th & 10th Injectors

-TRD Boost Guage

-Belt

-Pulleys

-Tensioner

Price is roughly 1600 us wich seems very descent to me.

I do need the right ecumap, is that hard to come by original?

00N0N_ldcbFK2hceA_600x450.jpg

Wonder if there's a way to get hold of a factory parts list or exploded factory drawing that shows all the parts with part numbers?
Maybe you can do a Google for such a manual on a Tundra site? That would be a huge help! Hopefully the right person logs in and sees this post here on MUD. It seems like too good of a deal to let pass.

You can get a urd or some other piggy back to control for additional fuel.

Google lextreme and trd super charger. This should bring up the install manual so you can see a parts list.

PM me your email - as I have the install manual...... and YES if you have all the parts and a competent shop it's a really nice jump in performance.

Ah interesting that you've found one. I've been on the search/hunt for one for about a year now.

To answer a few of your questions: guys who have been running the TRD SC's in their 100's haven't been seeing too many issues; however, the electronics that come with it will NOT work with your 100. As such, you'll have to purchase a URD piggyback ECU + have your truck tuned for the new SC. This is an absolute must, as if you don't properly tune the truck you risk blowing the engine (obviously)

Additionally, the fact that you're installing a 2003 series (9th and 10th injector) variant into a 2001 (which originally used a simple 9th only setup) is interesting - but that shouldn't hinder installation at all provided you're going to be using an aftermarket ECU.

GhostZodick: Reliability in a 100 won't theoretically be impacted UNLESS you don't properly maintain the SC or have a proper tune done for your truck. The 2UZ-FE we have in the 100's were built in Japan with "forged" con-rods, versus the American built 2UZ's which have cast con-rods (the ones in the Tundras/Sequoias)

Alright thnx for the replies. I just bought the trd. The set has 10k miles on it so a rebuilt shouldn't be neccesarry. Expecting it next week.

Wich ecu is the best to get? I have read that the unichip can only be tweaked by unichip dealers. Is that correct?

What other good options are there for the right ecutune?

At this point I am leaving the headers and exhaust standard. I quess that is something that can be done in a later stage.

Pretty exited for now.

I have a TRD Supercharger with very low miles and MAP ECU for sale for $2500. I am in Chicago. PM me for more info.

For those with the TRD supercharger, what kind of additional maintenance is required?

Oil changes. Not sure on frequency. If it makes noises, tear down for a rebuild. Not much to it. Videos on youtube shows you how to press its bearings out/in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom