Transmission shop recommendation tucson. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need to pull my transmission again and drop it off somewhere to have 2 bearings pulled and new ones pressed back on. Simple job just not sure where to take it.

Pickup w56 tranny.

Need to pull my transmission again and drop it off somewhere to have 2 bearings pulled and new ones pressed back on. Simple job just not sure where to take it.

Pickup w56 tranny.
For a manual XMSN in Tucson, there is one option: Lloyds Transmission. I can't recommend them enough.

1682464537461.png

Gave them a call said they will rebuild transmissions but not just replace bearings?? So still looking for places if there are and recommendations.

Gave them a call said they will rebuild transmissions but not just replace bearings?? So still looking for places if there are and recommendations.
Ahh ok. I get that from their perspective, but still doesn't cover your need. I can help you in 3 weeks when I get back to AZ. If you haven't gotten it by then, let's have a chat about what the work looks like.

Yea I understand where they are coming from. There is more to it than just replacing bearings since they will have to disassemble they might be worried about putting it back with unknown parts. So a rebuild I think is needed at this point. Going to call Marlin later today about a rebuilt trans.

@ARJMN thanks for the offer to help. Its a pretty big job just to do the bearings becuase of the disassembly thats required. Since its ripped apart a rebuild seems like the ticket.

If you need help with any of your projects let me know!

Tony Izzo on Wetmore, I have known him since Highschool and he has helped me out several times over the years.
Knows Toyotas in and out.

Thanks for the recommendations. Just replacing the bearings was a no-go and I can see why due to all the disassembly involved the the worry about worn parts. I called multiple places about doing a rebuild and everyone seems very timid to say yes. So I just went with the Marlin HD trans. Piece of mind for me and a decent upgrade overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom