Transfer Case Model Number for KZJ78 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I believe in the model designation nomenclature, correct me if I'm wrong, but BF is the type of transfer case, 1 means part time 4x4 vs 2 means AWD, A means vacuum shifted vs B means mechanical shifter for 4whl and low range. Correct? I believe what I have is a BF1B transfer case from a 2009 HZJ79 application.

I believe in the model designation nomenclature, correct me if I'm wrong, but BF is the type of transfer case, 1 means part time 4x4 vs 2 means AWD, A means vacuum shifted vs B means mechanical shifter for 4whl and low range. Correct? I believe what I have is a BF1B transfer case from a 2009 HZJ79 application.
I don’t know if that’s quite right. All the 80’s have a HF2A, HF2AV, or HF1A and are all mechanical shift.

I don’t know if that’s quite right. All the 80’s have a HF2A, HF2AV, or HF1A and are all mechanical shift.
Apparently the manual shift part-time transfer cases that I was referring to are the HF1A and BF1A.
The 1 versus 2 definitely refers to part-time vs. AWD/full-time

I'm still foggy on the BF1A vs BF1B. I've seen both the A & B used to describe the mechanical shift. My mind would say the A is mechanical and B is vacuum but I've seen no collaboration for that and am just guessing. @OGBeno, you have any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom