tranny transfer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i cant seem to find the thread, but does anyone know what size hydraulic fittings/hose i need to connect my transfer case to my transmission because my seal is going bad. i dont want to pay the $50sum that man-a-fre wants for their kit. also how long it is a good idea to use this set up before it is recomended that the problem be fixed(cant do it right away). thanks!

heres a part # 8M18C80MXS this is the fitting number on the box i got from a hydralic hose company in everett. its a parker fluid connectors # i believe they are 18mm but dont know the pitch. the company is parker hannifin corporation, tube fittings division, 3885 gateway blvd. columbus, ohio 43228 but any good hose shop should be able to get them or have them in stock. i got them and the hose for around $25.00 or so. good luck!

oh and i have had this setup for about 2 years i dont think it really matters as long as the hose is in good shape. just check fluid level every so often. i check mine twice a year.

Hi All:

What I did to fab-up my own tranny to t-case overflow hose kit was take the tranny fill hole plug, and the t-case fill hole plug down to the industrial hydralic fittings store. I also used a short length of old garden hose to mock-up the needed length of the hose between the two holes.

I ended-up buying to swivel fittings that screw into the gearboxes, two fittings that screw onto the swivel fittings, and a length of high-temp hose (20 inches, I think?!?) Oh, and two small hose clamps!

Good luck!

Alan
Seattle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom