tranny bypass filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok guys and girls i have just made the manifold for my bypass filter setup on the cruiser. the system is a removable sys. what i mean is this, i'm going to remove the system when i'm driving around and will install it when in the driveway doing routine maint.

i figure that since the tranny is a closed system it doesnt need to have the filter on at all times, also i will using the same system for the 4runner (which is already in use).

the system is a frantz unit that is basically the same as the oil filter i have on the 4runner but the ports have been opened up for a better flow of the fluid.

here is a pic of the manifold assy just mounted

Last edited:
heres a pic of the 4runner setup with the filter attached

Last edited:
here is a shot of the plumbed and activated system

Last edited:
heres a shot of the whole engine bay with views of all my bypass filters

Last edited:
Tell us more...what advantages does this give you?

on the oil and tranny systems it cleans down to .01 micron so i figure i'm doing my engine/tranny a favor and have seen particles in the filter elements that made it past the spin on filter, the coolant filter is the same as what Rich did and yes it does work. the coolant filter has filtered out loads of the grainy particles till now i really dont see much in the pleats of the filter, the filter is a regular coolant filter from napa (no additives) want to know more go over to bobistheoilguy forum, into the bypass section, it give a butt load of detail of various systems and there filtering capacity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom