Tranny adapter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
SO I bought a 4.3l tbi(87) and I would like to know where I could get an adapter to hook up with the 3 speed I am currently running?

Eternal 70- 40

Fuggedabout the 3sp. This would be a good time to get a sm420. It bolts up to the GM bellhousing and then you can get a Spaceghost adaptor for the T'case. Way mo bedda and mo cheaper.

I have a adaptor that goes between the stock L/C fj40 three speed transmission and a chevy 350. Im not sure if its what you are looking for but im converting to a 4 speed. Will sell it for $125 obo. It goes for $204 from advanced adaptors. In great condition and used for a short time.

the plate adapter from the 350 to the 3-speed is the same for a 4.3...bolt patterns are identical....

and I agree...for the cost of a plate adapter, go with (or WIN) the SpaceGhost plate and pickup a 420 and gain the granny gear. Either way you have swap costs, may as well gain some gearing in the process.

OK I will go with the new tranny. Just have to wait for them to go on sale again at the local pick a part. Just missed the last one trannys were $32.50 and engines were $50. Thanks for the suggestions.

Eternal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom