Tranny adapter

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Eternal, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Eternal

Eternal

SO I bought a 4.3l tbi(87) and I would like to know where I could get an adapter to hook up with the 3 speed I am currently running?

Eternal 70- 40

2. Pin_Head

Pin_Head

Fuggedabout the 3sp. This would be a good time to get a sm420. It bolts up to the GM bellhousing and then you can get a Spaceghost adaptor for the T'case. Way mo bedda and mo cheaper.

3. megolfer

megolfer

I have a adaptor that goes between the stock L/C fj40 three speed transmission and a chevy 350. Im not sure if its what you are looking for but im converting to a 4 speed. Will sell it for $125 obo. It goes for $204 from advanced adaptors. In great condition and used for a short time.

4. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    the plate adapter from the 350 to the 3-speed is the same for a 4.3...bolt patterns are identical....

and I agree...for the cost of a plate adapter, go with (or WIN) the SpaceGhost plate and pickup a 420 and gain the granny gear. Either way you have swap costs, may as well gain some gearing in the process.

5. Eternal

Eternal

OK I will go with the new tranny. Just have to wait for them to go on sale again at the local pick a part. Just missed the last one trannys were $32.50 and engines were $50. Thanks for the suggestions.

Eternal

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.