Trail Recommendation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My Dad is visiting for Thanksgiving and this will be the first time he's visited when my 40 wasn't in some state of mechanical distress. I'd like to take him out for a trail ride. He's in his mid 70’s now, so I'm not looking for anything too remote, long, or gnarly. I was thinking maybe Flathead Pass, but I don't if it's a muddy mess up there? A loop through Revenue Flats might be okay, but that sort of feels like a long drive. I've not been too far out Little Bear Rd, so I'm not sure what it's like up there.

Any other ideas?

little bear has some nice roads. shouldn't be too bad this time of year, this changes quickly of course if there is a lot of snow up there. Lots of pot holes and washboards so it might make the ride in the 40 miserable. but there's nice lakes and plenty places to pull off and enjoy nice views. i can send you a way point for a couple high points to enjoy views or the lake that everyone seems to miss the turnoff for

Second, 16 mile creek or whatever that is that runs out to Ringling and you can come back Bridger Canyon.

I had to help a young lady figure out how to use low range in her 4Runner this weekend. She kept locking up the front wheels and sliding on the ice while trying to control her speed downhill. Whatever salesperson told her that her vehicle is "always in 4 wheel drive" was an ass. And since it's now the season for that sort of thing, I think a trip out to Maudlow sounds like a plan. Has anyone ever gone from Maudlow to Toston?

that road has been closed for years, allegedly. same with the road from clarkston to toston. maudlow to ringling is still open, from ringling you can either take the backroads and end up on top of deep creek or go towards bridger canyon. if not in a rush go to clyde park then west toward brackett creek. turn up skunk crk and end up on olson crk back to bridger canyon

I’ve heard that road called 16 Mile I think?

Bring some Bono’s there’s a TON of wildlife up there. If it’s wet, it’s real gooey.

I’ve heard that road called 16 Mile I think?

Bring some Bono’s there’s a TON of wildlife up there. If it’s wet, it’s real gooey.
I rode 16 mile out to Ringling on my old dual sport motorcycle several years ago in the spring. There was no snow in Bozeman at the time, but there were pockets along the creek that still had multiple feet of snow. I found two abandoned trucks that looked like they'd spent the winter there. In dry conditions, that's a really easy road. In the wet or in the snow, it's something else entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom