Trail Cuts & Maintenance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How did it go Tom?

It was fun day, we had a group of five rigs and an atv. We cleaned up the trail a bit and built a really nice bridge and did a little wheeling along the way.
The bridge taking shape:
Novtrailday.jpg

Hey Lane,
Everything went ok I had a little trouble with the 40, It need a lot lower gearing, had a hard time crawling anything, I bent the power steering push rod, bent it back used the high lift handle to strengthen it, Have to take the top off from now on.
It was her maiden voyage, I pulled up there were three buggies, a quad and me, yeehaw

I will post some pic's tomorrow

That trail is sick, definitely want a third shot at it with some modifications done to the 40, SOA, PS upgrade, throw out those worn out wranglers and throw on the Maxxis, leave the top home, then well be having fun,

Tom

That trail is awsome, mud, rocks, trees, tight turns, etc. I envied you guys in the full size trail rigs.

So did you run the whole trail? How did you like the right hand off camber turn half way up the hill?

Ya we ran the whole trail, I had a little trouble with that hill, It is very hard to steer with the front locker engaged so I had to slow down and would get stuck on the rock, The buggy guys (you know who you are) said I had to stay on it and the rock at the top would turn me, I backed down, got a bit of a run at it, hit the rock with the skinny pedal engaged and what do you know that darn rock kicked me sideways, right after all 4 tires came off the ground, but that ledge at the end had me puckered, definitely a sweet trail

So what is the name o this trail anyway?

So what is the name o this trail anyway?

They haven't named it yet, was some talk about calling it "the Thing" .
At the end of the trail the cut a tree and took the stump out and set it up on a bunch of rocks.
The stump looks like a hand, sorta like "Thing" from the Adams Family.

Trail cut

Scott Hatch

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:26 pm Post subject: 11/28/09 Swanzey Bridge Build #2

Date: Saturday November 28, 2009

Time: Meet at 9:00 am, Roll at 9:30 am

Place: On the Property - at the Cell Tower

Directions: Mapquest

USE CAUTION WITH THE ABOVE DIRECTIONS FROM MAPQUEST - ONLY COME IN FROM RT 32 - FROM RT 12 THE ROAD IS UNMAINTAINED!!!

Is this the same trail? I'm not going unless other 40's show up:hillbilly:

I can't be the only one dragging those buggies around:D

Same trail.

Man I wish I could make this but I can't get a trailer for the rig, maybe I 'll call u-haul, any idea how much a 40 on 35s weighs?

Anyone else going?

So how did this cut/build go? Did they get that second bridge built?

So how did this cut/build go? Did they get that second bridge built?

Yes, also widened the trail to accommodate full size rigs.

Any chance of getting another run on this trail this year?

FYI: as per the NEA

LAND CLOSED: Gretchen's, Carnage, Swanzey, & Moose Mtn

Please be advised that these properties are now closed. Significant snow fall is expected over the next week in addition to the snow that fell last night. These closures are due to the fact that the properties are accessed by Class VI roads which are snowmobile trails.

Gretchen's is closed as she doesn't want vehicles driving on the roads within her fields and property.

If clubs are looking for a winter option, there is the Gremlin Graveyard and the Gutter (powerlines only)

Ya we ran the whole trail, I had a little trouble with that hill, It is very hard to steer with the front locker engaged so I had to slow down and would get stuck on the rock, The buggy guys (you know who you are) said I had to stay on it and the rock at the top would turn me, I backed down, got a bit of a run at it, hit the rock with the skinny pedal engaged and what do you know that darn rock kicked me sideways, right after all 4 tires came off the ground, but that ledge at the end had me puckered, definitely a sweet trail
that was sweet to watch but for the record i dont have a buggy....

the trail is about all done and i think its a fun one for almost any build level

05/22/10 Trail Maintenance at Gretchen's

Re: 05/22/10 Trail Maintenance at Gretchen's TAKE II

Scott Hatch said:
Date: Saturday May 22, 2010

Time: Meet at 9:00 am

Place: back right field

Important Note: Stay off the main field and across from the bathouse

Directions to Gretchen's

From Boston:
Take route I-93 north to exit 37 route 95/128 south. Take route 95/128 to exit 32 route 3 North.* Take route 3 north into New Hampshire. In New Hampshire take exit 7 route 101A west. Take 101A west to route 101 west, this will bypass the traffic of downtown Milford (if the route 101 west is missed 101A meets back with 101). Take 101 west to the intersection of 101 west and 101A east. This intersection has railroad tracks through it. Take a left turn onto 101 west. Take 101 west into Peterborough NH. In Peterborough
cross route 202 continuing on route 101 west into Dublin. In Dublin take a right onto route 137 north; at the corner is a gas station. Field and Forest is about 5 miles up on the right.

From South of Boston:
Take route I-95/128 north around Boston to exit 32 route 3 north. Continue with above directions at the *

From Northern New England:
Take Route I-93 to Route I-89 north to exit 5. Take route 202 south through Henniker, Hillsborough, Bennington. At the Bennington/Hancock town line take route 137 south. Follow through the Hancock center. Field and Forest will be on your left about 2 miles from the center.

From Western New England:
Conn.: Take I-91 north or I-84 north to the Mass Pike. Go east to Route 495. Take exit 11A to route I-495 north to exit 35 route 3 north. Continue with Boston directions at the *

Western Mass.: Take the Mass Pike east to exit 11A I-495 north to exit 35 route 3 North* OR Take route 2 to exit 19 route 202 north. Continue on route 202 north into New Hampshire into Peterborough to Junction of 101 and 202. Take a left onto 101 west to route 137 in Dublin. Take a right onto route 137 north; at the corner is a gas station. Field and Forest is about 5 miles up on the right.

Vermont: Take I-91 south to exit 3 route 9 east. Take route 9 east into Keene NH. Stay straight DO NOT TAKE ANY LEFT OR RIGHT TURNS! Route 9N, 10N, and 12N will go to your left. Go straight! Then 10 south will go to your right, again stay straight. Then 12A will be to your right and 101 east will be straight across. Go on route 101 east through Marlborough and into Dublin. In Dublin take a left onto route 137 north, Field and Forest will be about 5 miles up on your right.

Bring Chainsaws, Pick Axes, Sledge Hammers, Steel Rakes, Shovels, gloves, water, bug spray, and your rig

There are trails that require maintenance, for more information on what needs to be done:
Redirect

This work will be what was not completed on 05/16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom