Traction Jack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone tried these out as an alternative to Maxtrax? I like the fact that they are fold able and easier to store away. Anyone have any experience with these??

Traction Jack website

a5855ac4660358868db60548b13ed834.jpg

Hi all,

They did a product review on these in 4wd Toyota Owner magazine recently. Supposedly, folded over, these TractionJack gizmos can be used as a ramp for climbing ledges/rocks. Otherwise, I have no experience or knowledge of them.

Curious to hear more about TractionJack.

Regards,

Alan

It looks to me like they can fold both ways, maybe I'm wrong. But if so, when you put them under your tires it seems like they would just fold up around it as opposed to providing a level rigid surface. If they only fold one way then that is easily correctable.

Hey everyone how's it going? Happy Holidays. I was doing a little Google search on my company and found this thread. I'm Jeff, I started and own Traction Jack, LLC out of El Paso, Texas.

Just wanted to come around and see if I could personally answer any questions and take care of you. We regularly run specials on Instagram (@tractionjack) and I make sure each and every customer who becomes part of the Traction Jack family is taken care of.

A quick run-down of the product:

-Made in the USA
-Foldable to make storage easier in a larger array of vehicles (not just mounted on trucks)
-Our kits cost about $100 less than the MaxTrax and they're actually longer when opened
-We offer the only 1-year 1-time FULL/FREE replacement warranty in the market for these;
Meaning, if within the first year you accidentally damage your TJ's because of wheel spin or improper use, we'll replace them for you so you can keep using them!
-Traction Jack has been used to recover vehicles as heavy as 35,000 lbs gross vehicle weight
-The folding feature allows them to conform to the terrain so they're not hitting the under carraige of your vehicle
-They have gutters underneath to prevent shooting from under the wheels
-The less aggressive nub design and flat surface makes them ideal for thick mud because the mud falls right off; TRED and MaxTrax have too many gutters to trap mud making them heavier, harder to clean, and less effective

If you have any other questions or concerns please post them here so I can answer! Since winter has started, a bunch of customers have been messaging/emailing us thanking us for Traction Jack getting them out of the snow and mud quickly.

Thanks everyone and it's a pleasure to be on ih8mud!

-Jeff

Are they strong enough to use as a bridge over a ditch?

They're strong enough but they're not designed to bridge quite yet since they have the hinge which makes them foldable. We'll be developing a bracket to lock them in place for future bridging applications but right now you can actually bend them into a small rut so you have continuous traction into and out of the rut.

The folding feature makes them appealing to conform to the terrain which prevents slipping from under the tires, prevents undercarraige damage, and makes for a more natural recovery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom