traction bar for an fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello all, im looking for local options for my soa fj60. Does anybody know of someone fabricating them? thanks, Chris

hello all, im looking for local options for my soa fj60. Does anybody know of someone fabricating them? thanks, Chris

I'm hesitant to bring this up here, not intending to intimidate or offend anyone, but it answers the question.

This is what we did on Raul. It's an '80 series radius arm, uses all stock '80 bushings, fabricated the bridge, mounts and shackle. Works well, is trail proven. It's on a '40, but the axle and springs are FJ62, should work the same on a 60?

https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=692640&stc=1&d=1352084703

https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=692627&stc=1&d=1352084077

Traction bar

That looks like a great idea... been researching trac bars, bout decided to do slip and twist style... do you have pics/details on fabing your mounts, what drive train is that behind, and where did you source that radius arm..
thanks

I like the inverted 80 arm because it curves upwards and gives good ground clearance. Plus: Keeping cruiser parts on a cruiser - soemthing that seems "right" :D

That looks like a great idea... been researching trac bars, bout decided to do slip and twist style... do you have pics/details on fabing your mounts, what drive train is that behind, and where did you source that radius arm..
thanks
Mounts were fabed up from scratch. Drivetrain is 350 V8 with H42 and original transfer on this 76 rig. We have a local supply of used control arms. Rig performed flawlessly at 9 days of Cruise Moab. John

awesome. next question, would anybody like to sell me a radius arm? and is there any reason it isn't more centered? thanks, chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom