Toyota offering "Free" catalytic converter lock devices in some areas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CloudCity

LuxCruisers
Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
So apparently Toyota themselves have addressed the scourge of catalytic converter theft in Great Britain by offering new cats fitted with Catlocs at no upcharge, at least according to them.

I just found this article from April 2019, and no, not from April 1st.

From the article:
"Toyota’s first priority is to do all we can to support our customers who have been victims of crime.
We have moved to reduce the prices of replacement catalytic converters and Catlocs to a level where Toyota GB does not make any profit from supplying them to customers.
Our recommended prices for a bundle that includes a new catalyst and a Catloc are £950 for Auris Hybrid, £1,000 for Prius Gen 2 and £1050 for Prius Gen 3."

Anyone heard of this program for the US or other regions? If anyone has dealer service scheduled soon I would be interested to know what they have to say.

It sounds to me like you can either buy them stand alone as suggested by this line from the article, "The Catloc costs between £200 and £250 (depending on model), which includes VAT and fitting by a Toyota retailer. It comes with three-year warranty. As of November 2019, we offer a Catloc for the fourth-generation Prius (2015-present) at a price of £250."

-or- you can buy a new cat and get the Catloc with it for no upcharge.

If we made scrappers jump through any damn hoops at all, cat theft would stop overnight.

It takes 3000 hours of apprenticeship to cut hair in California, but a methy dude on a bicycle with a plywood trailer can scrap 20 cats worth of palladium no questions asked.

If we made scrappers jump through any damn hoops at all, cat theft would stop overnight.

It takes 3000 hours of apprenticeship to cut hair in California, but a methy dude on a bicycle with a plywood trailer can scrap 20 cats worth of palladium no questions asked.

I bought a 62 series, that was sitting behind the owners house for a year, I jump started it and no exhaust both cats were gone. loaded it on the trailer and told the PO about it, he had no idea they were gone. I told him 5 minutes with a battery Sawzall is all it takes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom