Toyota clutch master to GM 465 slave cylinder question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone here that has swapped to a GM 465 with a hydrolic clutch and still ran your Toyota clutch master?If so,what did you do for a line between the two?

I thought this would be a no brainer but its turning out not to be :D I thought I could do it with metric to AN adaptors but Im not finding one for the slave .The fitting I need for the slave has a 12mm x1.0 thread but an odd type of double flare.The master end is easy.Its 10mm x 1.0 and I can get a 10mm x 1.0 to -3AN no problem.

Anyone help me out? :D

Chris

I am useing that set up but I still have the toyota slave (its cheaper than the GM part.
SlaveWithNote.jpg

If you want to use the GM slave, you can buy some brake line tools (flaring, cutting, etc.) and buy a standard (NPT) fitting to go on your old metric line. then flare the cut end to fit the GM slave. Or you could buy a metric to standard (NPT) adapter. I know a few places sell them, like Summit Racing.

Matthew

Thanks for the pic :DI have seen the fittings in Summit but this flare for the slave is funky.I dont know how to explain it other than it looks like a half done double flare.I just want to run this slave because its good and bolts up to the bell housing.

I went and saw these guys at lunch http://www.snowwhiteltd.com/index.htm .They got me fixed up I think.I got a 12mm banjo bolt and fitting that has a -3AN nipple for the slave,a 10mm to -3AN adaptor for the master,and a 26" steel braided line.

Gonna go put it on tonight and see :D

Problem solved :grinpimp:

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom