Toyo Open Country AT3 33x12.50r18 Load Range F (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I recently purchased another LC200 and the previous owner put Toyo Open Country AT3 33x12.50r18 Load Range F's on the truck. I had the vehicle shipped and the tire pressure is all over the place. Fronts are at 33, LR is at 41 and RR is at 51. I don't have experience with these tires - what do you recommend for around town/everyday driving inflation? I did refer to previous posts but they are candidly, all over the place and tens of pages long without a clear answer.

Anyone have experience?

Thanks!

I didn’t know tires came in F. Them are heavy duty. @gaijin might help.

Hello,

I recently purchased another LC200 and the previous owner put Toyo Open Country AT3 33x12.50r18 Load Range F's on the truck. I had the vehicle shipped and the tire pressure is all over the place. Fronts are at 33, LR is at 41 and RR is at 51. I don't have experience with these tires - what do you recommend for around town/everyday driving inflation? I did refer to previous posts but they are candidly, all over the place and tens of pages long without a clear answer.

Anyone have experience?

Thanks!
I didn’t know tires came in F. Them are heavy duty. @gaijin might help.

The RCTIP (Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure) for those 33x12.50R18LT Load Range F tires on your LC200 is 44psi Front/Rear.

HTH

P.S. If you are interested in the science behind the RCTIP, you may enjoy reading this excellent monograph on the subject published by Toyo Tires:

Guidelines for the Application of Load and Inflation Tables

The RCTIP (Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure) for those 33x12.50R18LT Load Range F tires on your LC200 is 44psi Front/Rear.

HTH

P.S. If you are interested in the science behind the RCTIP, you may enjoy reading this excellent monograph on the subject published by Toyo Tires:

Guidelines for the Application of Load and Inflation Tables

Question for you - in my previous LC's, I've never ran anything higher than a Load Range D or E in any tire. What do you suggest as an optimal tire and load range for someone who is on the road 80% of the time, off-road is fire roads, mountain trails, gravel, (no crawling or mudding) and the only think I tow is a drift boat (~300-350# including trailer weight)?

Question for you - in my previous LC's, I've never ran anything higher than a Load Range D or E in any tire. What do you suggest as an optimal tire and load range for someone who is on the road 80% of the time, off-road is fire roads, mountain trails, gravel, (no crawling or mudding) and the only think I tow is a drift boat (~300-350# including trailer weight)?

Sounds like your use case is not very demanding, i.e. not requiring any special consideration for high loads. This means you can choose just about any tire that suits you from P-Metric and ISO-Metric to LT-Metric in any load range you wish.

The biggest difference between the various types of tires, discounting Load, is durability.

LT-Metric tires are more durable than P-Metric or ISO-Metric tires because of their construction - more plies in both tread areas and sidewalls. This makes the LT-Metric tires much more resistant to punctures and other tire construction related damage like pinched sidewalls - the higher the Load Range, the more plies. This increased durability is not just for off-road scenarios, but just as important in urban situations as well such as potholes, curbs, etc. The LT-Metric tires do tend to result in a slightly stiffer ride than P-Metric or ISO-Metric tires, but rarely is this a deciding factor in not choosing them due to their other advantages.

I have always run LT-Metric Load Range E tires on my Land Cruisers - not because of heavy off-road use (probably around 20% in my case), but because of increased resistance to all kinds of road damage.

Many on here are very supportive of the Michelin line of Defender LTX MS2 tires - in both LT-Metric and ISO-Metric designs. They offer a broad range of performance advantages both on and off road, without any distinct disadvantages (e.g. road noise).

So... in your case it looks like it would be pretty hard to choose a "wrong" tire.

HTH

Sounds like your use case is not very demanding, i.e. not requiring any special consideration for high loads. This means you can choose just about any tire that suits you from P-Metric and ISO-Metric to LT-Metric in any load range you wish.

The biggest difference between the various types of tires, discounting Load, is durability.

LT-Metric tires are more durable than P-Metric or ISO-Metric tires because of their construction - more plies in both tread areas and sidewalls. This makes the LT-Metric tires much more resistant to punctures and other tire construction related damage like pinched sidewalls - the higher the Load Range, the more plies. This increased durability is not just for off-road scenarios, but just as important in urban situations as well such as potholes, curbs, etc. The LT-Metric tires do tend to result in a slightly stiffer ride than P-Metric or ISO-Metric tires, but rarely is this a deciding factor in not choosing them due to their other advantages.

I have always run LT-Metric Load Range E tires on my Land Cruisers - not because of heavy off-road use (probably around 20% in my case), but because of increased resistance to all kinds of road damage.

Many on here are very supportive of the Michelin line of Defender LTX MS2 tires - in both LT-Metric and ISO-Metric designs. They offer a broad range of performance advantages both on and off road, without any distinct disadvantages (e.g. road noise).

So... in your case it looks like it would be pretty hard to choose a "wrong" tire.

HTH
Thank you again, I appreciate the information!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom