Total Eclipse 2024 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of an eclipse expedition in April anywhere along the path, or a good place to watch from (so many I'm sure).

We last saw one in 2013 in Uganda which was pretty cool, so would love to blend another one with some 40 Series action!

Interactive-Map_-2024-Solar-Eclipse-Across-the-US-1280.jpg

I’m also looking for somewhere, ideally in south Texas— I’m currently planning to go to big bend, but that’s not in the path of totality (it will be about 95% total in Terlingua)

I've been thinking about this since the last eclipse in '17! I was in Lincoln City, OR for that one. Currently planning on making the very long trek down to Mazatlan, taking the ferry over to Baja and driving back north.

I've been thinking about this since the last eclipse in '17! I was in Lincoln City, OR for that one. Currently planning on making the very long trek down to Mazatlan, taking the ferry over to Baja and driving back north.
Definitely worth the extra miles for totality IMHO.
I'm aiming for somewhere in nature where you can see and hear the impact on the wildlife as it happens, although I'm thinking further east tbh.

I'm aiming for somewhere in nature where you can see and hear the impact on the wildlife as it happens, although I'm thinking further east tbh.
The problem as you go east is the significantly higher chance of bad weather. Gray skies in New England in April are pretty much a given

The problem as you go east is the significantly higher chance of bad weather. Gray skies in New England in April are pretty much a given
I'll be in florida with the kids around then, so I'm hoping to limit my mileage from there. Maybe around Nashville - St Louis, but no idea how the weather will be

I'll be in florida with the kids around then, so I'm hoping to limit my mileage from there. Maybe around Nashville - St Louis, but no idea how the weather will be

Where in Florida? Going to anywhere on that path from Florida you will probably be taking a plane.

My hometown will be in the path of totality. The city is putting on a shindig and we are closing up shop to stay home and avoid the mess.

It would be Cool to have a 40 party in there!

I’m in West Plains Mo.

It's not even worth going unless you're in totality. I too would prefer a more rural setting but since it misses the western US I feel like the coast is the best compromise for me. Mazatlan is also near the center of the path so the duration is about 4 1/2 minutes!

Another reason why I'm choosing Mazatlan. April is the dry season there so weather shouldn't be an issue. And if it is I'll head inland.

It's not even worth going unless you're in totality. I too would prefer a more rural setting but since it misses the western US I feel like the coast is the best compromise for me. Mazatlan is also near the center of the path so the duration is about 4 1/2 minutes!

Another reason why I'm choosing Mazatlan. April is the dry season there so weather shouldn't be an issue. And if it is I'll head inland.
Yea 4 1/2 minutes is really long (even if my wife doesn't agree).
It was bone dry in Uganda, but as the eclipse arrived, the sudden drop in temperature brought cloud cover from nowhere. You never know until it happens.

Planning on attending this..
Initially Niagara Falls was the place, but looking at all the beta out there, the chances of it being overcast is a high possibility.
Looking at Nazas, Mx and currently planning on flying out that way, but the inner voice in me keeps says "use that damn '60 series" and drive down that way.

Guess my question is anybody has any plans of driving down to Durango, Mx.?

The reason of my wanting to go there is cause it is 4minutes 28 seconds with a max band of totality of 123 miles...
Tha's an eternity if I compare it to the one I attended out in Madras, OR.
Data also suggest it will most likely be sunny...

Planning on attending this..
Initially Niagara Falls was the place, but looking at all the beta out there, the chances of it being overcast is a high possibility.
Looking at Nazas, Mx and currently planning on flying out that way, but the inner voice in me keeps says "use that damn '60 series" and drive down that way.

Guess my question is anybody has any plans of driving down to Durango, Mx.?

The reason of my wanting to go there is cause it is 4minutes 28 seconds with a max band of totality of 123 miles...
Tha's an eternity if I compare it to the one I attended out in Madras, OR.
Data also suggest it will most likely be sunny...

I may be able to be convinced… that’s only a 14 hour drive for me.

Who’s in charge of the ayahuasca?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom