Torsion bar issue on '99 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for some advice re: '99 LC that I've updated all the suspension components, UCA, LCA, shocks, etc.

After I finished the work I had to re-index the torsion bars to bring the rig to around the 19inch mark for the fronts. The
problem is that the torsion bar on the drivers side keeps loosening itself and dropping back after driving for
a few days. Is there a "lock bolt" that I should be re-tightening after after dialing in the torsion bar?

Unlikely the adjusting bolt is loosening. Rather, the preload on the torsion bar is settling. Keep cranking the bolt until ride height settles where you want it. For reference, the last time I did mine I had to turn the adjusting bolt 4 or 5 separate times over the course of a couple of weeks before it finally settled where I wanted.

Unlikely the adjusting bolt is loosening. Rather, the preload on the torsion bar is settling. Keep cranking the bolt until ride height settles where you want it. For reference, the last time I did mine I had to turn the adjusting bolt 4 or 5 separate times over the course of a couple of weeks before it finally settled where I wanted.
Appreciate the advice, I'll try that and also re-mark the adjusting bolt to see if there is any movement in the bolt over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom