Torque Spec for Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ah okay, that's what happened to mine too. I'm surprised you got yours on... mine was so far out of whack, it wasn't gonna work at all.

I ended up refunding mine and going with the MT sliders.

Post up a pic of yours if you get a second.
Got it on after I pounded the s*** out of the pinch weld but was rubbing no matter how much beat on it. Also, I think as tight as you can get it with a 1/2" ratchet is too tight. You can put upwards of 100ft/lb tq with that. I'd say as tight as you can get a standard 3/8" ratchet should be about perfect.

I never got mine to the point where I couldn't get them any tighter. I think I still had a few more revolutions in there.. that was either with whatever tool I had in my hand at the time....

Either way, I had the same thing happen with mine. They took care of me though when we talked.. Hope they did for you too.

They did.

I think as tight as you can get it with a 1/2" ratchet is too tight. You can put upwards of 100ft/lb tq with that. I'd say as tight as you can get a standard 3/8" ratchet should be about perfect.

I should have gone into better detail. As tight as you can get them with a 1/2" drive standard ratchet while laying on a sheet of ice under the truck in the dead of winter. Which is not near as tight as it could be on a lift due to lack of leverage and your balls nearly freezing off all while your wishing you had help holding the damned thing in place.

I now have the definitive answer: LT from MetalTech sent over the official 95-97 FZJ80 Sliders Installation Guide from which I quote. "Tighten all bolts up evenly top and bottom."

Doesn't sound like they're too worried about it so I'll tighten 'em up and stand on the sliders and if they stay put I'll be a happy camper.

I have to say I've really enjoyed this thread... A little desert humor, yucca yucca... Ya had ta be there...

My humble apologies for bringing the whole thing up, chuck...

Weld those sliders on if its possibke and if your going to be getting serious(i assume you are). Happy trails!

Weld those sliders on if its possibke and if your going to be getting serious(i assume you are). Happy trails!

I was thinking about that. Probably a good idea once I get them perfectly positioned. Handy thing to have the U-bolts for that purpose.

About serious: Yea, I've been serious for a long time but I've also been amazingly lucky not to have munched something terrible with all the close calls I've had over the years. Now, finally, I'm getting serious about armor. 'Bout time, I'd say. :doh:

Yup. Love my blue 242!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom