Toronto/GTA Cruisers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys, I created a Facebook group for Ontario land cruisers only.

I am planning to invite a few cruisers/Toyotas to do a run in the gta area next month.

Hope you can join and organize future gatherings

I'm in the Baby Point area. In the summers you might see my brown BJ60 parked along Annette ST. I would love to meet some cruiser folks in the GTA. Just put my request in to join the FB GROUP :)

I'm in the Baby Point area. In the summers you might see my brown BJ60 parked along Annette ST. I would love to meet some cruiser folks in the GTA. Just put my request in to join the FB GROUP :)
I pass by annette every week, towards Stockards.

Yeah. I should setup a meet after the stay at home order. We have a trail ride for a few weeks from now, but I realize lots of cruisers do not do trails, so I will setup something soon.

I pass by annette every week, towards Stockards.

Yeah. I should setup a meet after the stay at home order. We have a trail ride for a few weeks from now, but I realize lots of cruisers do not do trails, so I will setup something soon.
Nice. Keep an eye out between Runnymede and Jane and you should see my 60 soon. I really want my rig to be trail worthy but I have some front end/suspension issues to deal with before that's possible. It doesn't help that my landlord is giving me greif about working on my rig in our building's dirt driveway, so not sure when I'll have it up to snuff. I'll keep an eye on this thread and the FB group, though.

Hi Folks

In process of moving back to Toronto. Shipped my "baby" over...and looking forward to cruising the GTA jungle in it. But need to sort out my driving license and a house. Does anyone know of a do-it-yourself garage or a "good" mechanic (if there is such a thing)?

IMG_3579_photo.jpg

Welcome back!

For a do it yourself, i think there's a fancy place called the r club, where you may be able to have tools and lift available, requires monthly membership: r club.

Mechanic :
Lisgar Motors
(416) 535-5626

Ontario cruisers Facebook group :

Personally I never had any luck finding a diy garage space. There is a guy on Dupont who works on old 4x4 vehicles. The shop is called Global Automatic Transmissions: 501 Dupont St, Toronto, ON M6G 1Y6, 416-536-9667. They do more than transmissions. They often have classic land cruisers parked out front. Welcome to Toronto!

Hi Folks

In process of moving back to Toronto. Shipped my "baby" over...and looking forward to cruising the GTA jungle in it. But need to sort out my driving license and a house. Does anyone know of a do-it-yourself garage or a "good" mechanic (if there is such a thing)?

View attachment 2893095

Cyrious Garage Works in Oakville is a really good shop for restorations, fabrication and maintenance. They have done a couple FJ40 full restos and the guys there 4x4 often as well. Can probably help with any maintenance

Cyrious Garage Works in Oakville is a really good shop for restorations, fabrication and maintenance. They have done a couple FJ40 full restos and the guys there 4x4 often as well. Can probably help with any maintenance

Thank you @kendrick - I will definitely reach out & check them up.

Personally I never had any luck finding a diy garage space. There is a guy on Dupont who works on old 4x4 vehicles. The shop is called Global Automatic Transmissions: 501 Dupont St, Toronto, ON M6G 1Y6, 416-536-9667. They do more than transmissions. They often have classic land cruisers parked out front. Welcome to Toronto!

More recent updates on their Instagram. Looks like a couple FJ projects

Hi Folks

View attachment 2893095
welcome back to the great white north. a good mechanic? yes there is such a thing, i've got one. mind you we're about an hour n half southwest of you. i know of one guy in the scarborough area who's good but don't know if he's still mechanicin'. let me know if you'd like me to reach out to him

While in KSA, I made a new friend, who has an incredible farm ....
IMG_3639.JPG

He spends most of his weekend repairing / fixing up the FJ's and has sold a number of finished units to customers in the USA. His Instagram is arabianclassics. I really like his work and attention to detail. He does not sell any unit until he is fully satisfied that its good to go.

IMG_3806.JPG

Of course, I could not resist purchasing a FJ40 (my wife is really going to kill me). But I am also exploring the idea of importing an additional unit to sell in Ontario. Plan is to ship it over and get a safety / Ontario plates then sell it.

I've looked on Craig's List for FJ40's in the GTA. The few units I saw were 1970's vintage and mid / rough condition. This is early 80's, new paint (including under-coating), new air conditioner (no heating), new interior, electrical / mechanical all checked and fully functioning, and new tires. LED lighting, high lift jack and some more bells and whistles.

I need to see if there is a market for this vehicle in greater Ontario / Canada. I was hoping to benchmark interest / possible price. Is anyone interested in purchasing it and at what price? Appreciate any feedback.

Hey there, you might get some information on the Ontario cruisers Facebook group.

There is probably j new or 2 guys that have imported them from abroad to sell in Ontario.
No heating on that fj at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom