Top Half Of Trunk Won't Stay Open/Up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 2009 LC has 270,000 miles and I went to open the trunk today and the top part is not staying in the air like normal. Does anyone know what part needs to be replaced? If anyone knows part number that will be a big help as I always have a pain figuring car parts out.

It's really pretty easy. Go to the Olathe Toyota parts site, type in your year, make, and model. Then pick the category from the menu list on the left and then go to a specific location on the vehicle. Here's the rear lift gate with the struts.

It's really pretty easy. Go to the Olathe Toyota parts site, type in your year, make, and model. Then pick the category from the menu list on the left and then go to a specific location on the vehicle. Here's the rear lift gate with the struts.

Now this is an awesome hookup. Price much cheaper than ebay. I think I have a spoiler. Somehow I am not Mr.Details.

Is there a way to tell which one to replace or is it better to do this as a set?

Thanks I did. I wasn't sure if its something that wears out individually or together.

This is such a pain for me to figure out part numbers. You really helped me out by sending the link!!

UGH the item is on back order for 2-3 weeks. I would have thought this part would be stocked in the toyota warehouse.

UGH the item is on back order for 2-3 weeks. I would have thought this part would be stocked in the toyota warehouse.
Lots of toyota stuff is on back order right now. Lots.

2-3 weeks isn’t that long in the big scheme. Other stuff will take six months.

Replace both. Don't waste money on aftermarket, even if you have to wait. Been there, done that, not worth the hassle.

Last edited:
How long do these generally last? I got 13 years

I did Amazon $20. 3 years ago and haven't had any issues. At the time I had the GOBI ladder on there which was making the hatch too heavy. I swapped out the supports with these:

Amazon product ASIN B01GOYR2F6
Unfortunately the ladder was still too heavy, especially if you try to out even a small rotopax on it. Since then I gave away the ladder and have one incorporated in my rear bumper instead

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom