Tomica FJ40V emergency highway car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

murf

Lifer
Threads
This old 1/60th Tomica model was found recently and instead of being thrown away, the thoughtful person recognized it and gave it to me this morning. Man, am I that much an obvious LandCrusier geek or what?! :rolleyes::lol:
So...accepting the Cruiser geek part of it, I researched it and turns out it says "under contruction" on the folding roof placard. Evidently that is "Japan appropriate". The metal doors open, it is a right hand drive model,
0209151356_resized.jpg
0209151356a_resized.jpg
0209151357_resized.jpg
and the front license plate says FJ40V. Google shows there is a large following on these (or any) kind of model cars. Anyone know what it says on the side of the truck?
Since it was a barn garage floor find, I left the original patina. Maybe install a mini OME lift, some larger matchbox tires :hmm:
Now I need to stop playing with the toy and get back to work!

This old 1/60th Tomica model was found recently and instead of being thrown away, the thoughtful person recognized it and gave it to me this morning. Man, am I that much an obvious LandCrusier geek or what?! :rolleyes::lol:
So...accepting the Cruiser geek part of it, I researched it and turns out it says "under contruction" on the folding roof placard. Evidently that is "Japan appropriate". The metal doors open, it is a right hand drive model,View attachment 1029342 View attachment 1029343 View attachment 1029344 and the front license plate says FJ40V. Google shows there is a large following on these (or any) kind of model cars. Anyone know what it says on the side of the truck?
Since it was a barn garage floor find, I left the original patina. Maybe install a mini OME lift, some larger matchbox tires :hmm:
That is sweet!!!! I try to collect old little landcruiser models (plasitc or diecast) as I can and actually have a few 1/25 scale plastic model kits I have to build one of these days.

Murf,

The interior looks to be in great shape. So does the winch line.

Google shows there is a large following on these (or any) kind of model cars. Anyone know what it says on the side of the truck?

I looked and I can't find any info on what the japanese lettering says.

And Google is right. Collecting Toyota toys is kind of a big deal. While my collection isn't as extensive as TreeRootCo... I've got a few. ;)

These pics are about half of my collection... Tomica, Hot Wheels, Tamiya... eBay is your friend with this stuff. My current unicorn is a Marui FJ40 in any decent condition that isn't $300...

38e5cb14-12fb-4d03-8b59-ff53ab9dc92f_zps6a0851ae.jpg

Yeah a few Star Wars stuff too. Hey I'm a geek.
de7d9167-ca2f-463d-9f36-b788926ab82e_zps334d9afd.jpg

f118c7a2-5c20-44b1-afed-4f55e6282b42_zpsa3be079f.jpg

fe67d8a9-b7ba-482d-b7e8-c2fa6cecbcaa_zps6d319679.jpg

. My current unicorn is a Marui FJ40 in any decent condition that isn't $300...

wait, what?! daaaaang....

nice collection Marc - had no idea the value of some of these pieces!

Oh that's nothing. eBay search "Tamiya Bruiser". :eek: 4-channel RC with 3-speed trans. They just re-released it.

header_58519_beach01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom