To those who have replaced their sunvisors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The visors in my truck are still tight, but, the left visor outer bracket, the piece closest to the door with 2 screws holding it in is broken.

Hoping someone has this piece off their old sagging visor.

Good luck, I have been looking for one for months...

Call irbis, I bet those guys have one. s*** I think there is an 80 getting parted in the classified section as well.

I don't need the whole visor. Mine is still nice and tight, the bracket is broken.

Some pics of what I'm talking about.

Complete visor:

P2010004.jpg

Broken piece on visor:

P2010005.jpg

The broken piece:

P2010006.jpg

I just replaced mine and have what you need..........PM me

Last edited:
Do you have another one?

I've repaired two of these already. Not on my cruiser but on a Camry and my 86 truck. I don't have photos because I did it long ago. First, remove the visor rod. You have to have the part that broke off, or more common just cracked. I super glue (Loctite 431) the parts but I do more. After I glue the parts I run a heated puddy knife around the cylindrical part about 1/8 inch below the end to make a groove in the plastic. I then wrap a wire around the part and twist it tight. The groove keeps the wire from slipping off the end since the part is a bit conical. I then drip more glue around the wire to keep it from getting loose. You have to wait overnight before putting the visor rod back in because this is a pressure fit and it will break the glue bond if it is not completely set.

I know it's not better than replacing this thing but I could not find one for my 86 that was not already cracked like mine. As I recall, the stealer does not offer the plastic part without buying the entire visor. $$$.

Sorry azTony, only have the one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom