To line or not to line... let me know what you think... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Attached Images
attachment.php

The above picture of jfz80's rig is very close to the scheme I was picuring in my head. Toyota did a few two tone 2nd gen 4Runners with the body in a Medium Red Pearl like yours and the rocker panels and flare area in a Blue Slate Metallic. The colors were almost identical to the rig above and I always liked the way they looked. The dark grew provides a nice contrast but not too much contrast.

Brentbba coated his flares and put them back on and it looks great. It is white with black coating but looking at the texture/ gloss paint contrast with the flares on the truck looks good. I don't think the textured surface looks bad but if you really want to you can use smooth Durabak and minimize the contrast even more.

I have the usual white flareless lined with black. I painted my rear bumper corners and the rear crossmember with Krylon semi-flat black which is almost an exact match with the ARB. If you lined the flares black it would blend with the ARB/running boards/rear bumper and create a black treatment that spanned the length of the Cruiser. Kind of like the effect they achieved by painting the b and c pillars black. Makes for a clean and uncluttered look. My .02

Good luck.

*Edit* It is a little hard to see but the very bottom of the rockers is lined as well blending the sliders with the bodyl.
Front%20Corner%20m.jpg
Rear%20Corner%20m.jpg

Attached Images
attachment.php

The above picture of jfz80's rig is very close to the scheme I was picuring in my head. Toyota did a few two tone 2nd gen 4Runners with the body in a Medium Red Pearl like yours and the rocker panels and flare area in a Blue Slate Metallic. The colors were almost identical to the rig above and I always liked the way they looked. The dark grew provides a nice contrast but not too much contrast.

Brentbba coated his flares and put them back on and it looks great. It is white with black coating but looking at the texture/ gloss paint contrast with the flares on the truck looks good. I don't think the textured surface looks bad but if you really want to you can use smooth Durabak and minimize the contrast even more.

I have the usual white flareless lined with black. I painted my rear bumper corners and the rear crossmember with Krylon semi-flat black which is almost an exact match with the ARB. If you lined the flares black it would blend with the ARB/running boards/rear bumper and create a black treatment that spanned the length of the Cruiser. Kind of like the effect they achieved by painting the b and c pillars black. Makes for a clean and uncluttered look. My .02

Good luck.

*Edit* It is a little hard to see but the very bottom of the rockers is lined as well blending the sliders with the bodyl.

With or without fender flares, white vehicles lined with black will always look good to me. Looking at the red flareless vehicle lined with black does not appeal to me. It may look better with fender flares lined black, but with no flares its a no-go to me.

I like the idea of lining the length of the bottom of the rockers to make it even more robust. Though, I see only doing that as a result of paint damage to the rocker bottoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom