TLCA Chapter, need help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Hey all,
So for starters..... I am not good at follow up. So I don't think I would be good fit for getting this started.
I will through out a few things I saw that will be required and hope someone with the skillz can get us started in the right direction.
These are from the TLCA Chapter Startup page
  1. Statement of the club’s purpose.
  2. Election of temporary officers.
  3. Choice of a club name. "Inland NW Cruiser's" is fine by me but someone could easily come up with something more catchy than that. (Land Cruisers of the Inland NW, Inland NW Land Cruiser's, Cruise the Inland NW)
  4. Membership qualifications. Anyone that wants to be apart of the chapter has to be a current TLCA Member.
  5. Annual dues.
  6. Permanent committees to be established.
  7. Appointment of a bylaws committee. We have to have our bylaws in place in order to register a chapter. (I was looking over this and that's where I got intimidatedo_O So if you have a knack for this mumbo jumbo feel free to jump in.)

So if anyone is up for the challenge of pursuing this let me know, or we can use this thread as a start of all the info needed.

PS make sure you select watch thread for the 'WA-Spokane Land Cruisers' to be updated with any changes or new posts.

This might be an obvious s point, but after reading the TLCA start up page, the thought occurred to me that there is already an accepted prior chapter name, so there must be pre-existing bylaws, couldn’t the previous bylaws be obtained for a template or just reused? Then amended for current Or has the previous chapter completely gone kaput?

Perhaps Rob @landcrusher909 can help with some examples of how other chapters have answered the main questions/organized.

I am fine with the Inland Northwest Land Cruisers name.

Happy to help with the "committee" side of things. Have done this with various organizations.

Let me get with the Board and I will see if I can find some existing paperwork on the previous chapter Pm sent

Jumping the gun, but here's a pseudo design I came up with. Might make for a good emblem on a shirt or hat. I'm sure someone with more of an artistic mind can come up with something much better, but it's a start.
1582911278808.png

Also, I've never done anything with a committee before, but if you have specific tasks that need to be done, I'm good at making calls, getting info, filling out forms, etc... Just assign me something.

There are example by-laws on the TLCA start up page that could give a good start. CHAPTER STARTUP | TLCA

Only question I have is around taxes... If we collect dues, which I'm sure we would to at least cover the cost of the TLCA Chapter dues, do we have to fill out taxes, much like a Home Owners Association, etc... so do we have to fill out some governmental form that we are an official committee? Or does TLCA do all of that for us?

That logo is great!

Jumping the gun, but here's a pseudo design I came up with. Might make for a good emblem on a shirt or hat. I'm sure someone with more of an artistic mind can come up with something much better, but it's a start.
View attachment 2224240

So in the Toyota off-road of the inland NW FB group one of the guys did a decal and a tee... I think he could knock out a decal for us but I think it would have to have less color/detail?! I do t know these things but I mentioned to him about a decal for us.
Toyota off-road of the inland nw

Hey all!

Sorry Ive been gone for so long. Been sick for a while a pretty much out of everything but finally felling much better. @cnorm5623, I too am happy to help in any way I can. @Borrego, cool start for sure 👍. @jellyroll, Where did you find a prior chapter? I couldnt find one? I had no such luck.

@jellyroll, Where did you find a prior chapter? I couldnt find one? I had no such luck.
[/QUOTE]

I dunno, just figured since this is the clubhouse section and is aptly named Spokane Landcruisers maybe there was a previous club. Just a guess really not sure, this is my first time on this here club turnip wagon:meh:

Last edited:
I would definitely still be interested in forming a local chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom