Titan Rear Drawers from AUS? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's awesome! I'd be interested in them as a kit....I can assemble here and save on shipping possibly. Do they use slides? And, would it be possible to mod without the handle cutouts? I want to add my own lockable ones.

A kit sounds great, and can customize as you wish.

I have gone with out slides, I have not had an issue with sliding the drawers with out them
  • Simpler Less things to break
  • More usable space

Most of you may know this already but you DON'T want (telescopic) drawer slides, you want rollers instead. Slides don't appreciate the dirt that tends to accumulate in our cargo area over time. However, using UHMW slides or some other composite sliding surfaces work well too. They provide a nice resistance in both directions and are pretty much dirt proof.

Now THAT looks promising. And supports a local business. Thanks for the heads up!!

The KISS drawers from Land Shark are the best deal going. I was going to build my own but when I got down to brass tacks you can't beat those. However, I really wanted metal drawers.. Maybe @cruzerDave can educate me on the wood vs. metal side of things.

M
The KISS drawers from Land Shark are the best deal going. I was going to build my own but when I got down to brass tacks you can't beat those. However, I really wanted metal drawers.. Maybe @cruzerDave can educate me on the wood vs. metal side of things.
Short answer? I wanted them wood ;)

Long answer: metal introduces a slew of other design and construction questions and challenges. Where I am in little Central Oregon there are few good options for sheet metal manufacturing, so that was one strike against.

Next, the commercial products I was seeing out of metal were heavy relative to my design that was coming together out of wood - unsure how much of that I might've been able to design out myself, if anything, but I had something lighter so another strike.

Third, I observed the community having FUN designing and building their own drawers and folks wanting plans or help to customize their own. Metal systems allow little to no real customization options, so giving people a 'kit' out of wood gave people the ability to play - after all most everybody has some experience and comfort working with wood. Another strike against gusseted and welded and sharp as heck sheet metal, pre-carpeted in all the colors you want as long as you want black or grey.

Finally, I just loved the look and feel of the drawers once they slid open in my rig for the first time. I head for the outdoors to connect to nature, and bringing a slice of nature into my truck just felt right.

M

Short answer? I wanted them wood ;)

Long answer: metal introduces a slew of other design and construction questions and challenges. Where I am in little Central Oregon there are few good options for sheet metal manufacturing, so that was one strike against.

Next, the commercial products I was seeing out of metal were heavy relative to my design that was coming together out of wood - unsure how much of that I might've been able to design out myself, if anything, but I had something lighter so another strike.

Third, I observed the community having FUN designing and building their own drawers and folks wanting plans or help to customize their own. Metal systems allow little to no real customization options, so giving people a 'kit' out of wood gave people the ability to play - after all most everybody has some experience and comfort working with wood. Another strike against gusseted and welded and sharp as heck sheet metal, pre-carpeted in all the colors you want as long as you want black or grey.

Finally, I just loved the look and feel of the drawers once they slid open in my rig for the first time. I head for the outdoors to connect to nature, and bringing a slice of nature into my truck just felt right.

Hey! Headed to Bend tomorrow. You gonna be around? Would love to talk shop. Not ready to order yet. Let me know.

Maybe meet for a pint at Crux?

Does anybody want to put in a group order on these? I really dig the hidden table.

These are an awesome product. I would be interested in a purchase but not willing to spearhead a group buy. The company in Canada is bringing these in, I think its

It would need to be at a substantial discount over the normal "landed in the USA" price.

Here is their response to my email;

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the email and interest in Drifta products. We can certainly help in getting a Drifta Drawer setup for your 200 Series Landcruiser. What we do is combine a number of orders together into a container from OZ and ship them to our location here in BC, from which we ship the individual orders on to customers via truck freight.

As an example… the base 2 drawer package with integrated Drifta table, chequer edge strip and side wings would be approx. $1,600 USD landed here in BC, and then around $2-300 USD additional to ship via truck freight to a freight depot in most major US centres for pickup, or to a business address with a forklift or dock available in a major Metro area area. Delivery to a residential address adds $160 for liftgate and residential surcharges, so if you don’t have a business address for delivery it’s best if you can pick it up at the depot and save the extra charges.

We require a 60% deposit with the order and the balance due when it arrives here in BC and is ready to ship to you. One important note is that we do not charge or collect State Use/Sales tax on the drawers (if applicable) so you may be required to self-report the Sales Tax due on the product once shipped into your home state. Your local Tax office would have more information about what is required for your State and/or county.

Each drawer order is custom built from scratch in OZ so the build time is currently about 8-10 weeks from ordering. Then, it’s normally about 2-3 months from being ready until we receive the shipment at this end. For example, my next order will close off at the end of this month for delivery in mid summer 2019. We average about 3 shipments per year.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Cheers,
Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom