Tires rubbing, need advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
My friend has a 2003 LC with an OME 2" lift and LC 18" wheels from a 2004 with 315/70/18 KO2's. The only place it rubs is the UCA barely touches the tire. The tires are slightly inside the fender, so it would be nice to get them flush. Will aftermarket UCA's and/or spacers fix this rub?
Suggestions?

Spacers will fix it for cheaper than UCAs

You sure about that tire size? That is HUGE and BFG doesn’t make that size.
Roughly 35 x 12.50, so not monstrous, but definitely much wider than what could fit without spacers. I also can’t find any BFG tires in that size either.

You sure about that tire size? That is HUGE and BFG doesn’t make that size.
Haha, I was thinking the same. I made a chart with potential tire sizes. That 315 70 18 was literally off the chart. I had to add it to see how big it is.... it's pretty big.

1609870271543.png

Toyo MT and Yokohama Geolander MT come in that size.

That's a big tire, no doubt about it. But it's not that much taller than the 285/75-18 some guys run.

Anyways, you could try a small 5mm hubcentric spacer, see if that's enough to eliminate the rubbing. If that's not enough, you need to go up to a 32mm spacer.

That's a big tire, no doubt about it. But it's not that much taller than the 285/75-18 some guys run.

If it truly is a 315/70R18, wouldn't it be ~0.5" taller and ~1.2" wider than a 285/75R18 (a tire size that already requires some pinch weld massaging to avoid rubbing)?

Reactions: GTV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom