Tire thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got some new kicks today, these are 285/75R16. Testing out this new KO2 DT version, I will report back after I get some miles on them.

lx470.jpg

I have to get my Coopers balanced, again. Got a slight vibration after getting them last year but it was managable and I never made time to go back to Discount until recently. Had them rotate and redo the balance. Now they are worse. I don't think it is the rubber, just the shop, considering when they first installed they removed the lugs with the center caps still on and f'd up the paint on them.

Last edited:
Brian, I put balance beads in the 62 this time, and for the first time in years, it doesn't vibrate

I had the FJC loaned out for a couple years and while she was gone the worn out old Interco Super Swampers (with which I was quite happy while they lasted) got replaced with a set of Cooper Discoverer STT Pros with which I am Over the Top.
These tires ran to Black Rock Nevada and back plus Georgia Traverse and several Hurricane Creek trips and have been flawless in my judgement both off and on road and show and feel virtually new.
On dry pavement they Will Not break loose and wet is about the same. Dirt, mud and mild to medium-wild rocks have been handled with ease and at 40psi.
I recommend this tire without reservation for DD and most wheeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom