tire rub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 4" MAF lift,SR, w/33x10.5's on stock steelies. I have a problem with the left front tire getting into the drag link when the tire is crammed in the fender. Does anyone know the best rim size and backset for aftermarket rim? Or, should I go with wheel spacers, and what size? Or just go Saginaw and forget it. I like the stock look. Thanks for the input.

The narrow rims make your tires bulge out. An 8 inch rim with 3 1/4 back spacing should make your sidewalls straighter and provide more clearance.

crushr, are you referring to the turn stops?

toyrod, the biggest delimma I'm having is I like the stock look, if I'm going to spend 2-300 on rim, I'd rather invest it in power steering.

I went power steering on our fj40 and love it, if you can afford it, i would do it. Its nice being able to have one hand on the wheel to turn instead of cranking it as hard as i can with both. On the fj-45 with 31x10.5 AT's on the stock wheels, it rubs on the drag-link slightly. I haven't adjusted the steering stops because i didn't want to decrease the turning radius, so i have just lived with the slight rub. Hope that helps a little bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom