Tire rotation for BFG ATs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Do yall suggest doing a cross rotation or just doing a regular front to back rotation?

I do the "X". Not saying its right or wrong but thats what I do.

I rotate to include the spare tire. I don't like the idea of having a mint spare and worn tires. I also have a Lockright in the rear axle and I don't want to bring up any issues by having tires that measure different diameters.

I always did the X pattern with my mini truck. You definitely want to avoid uneven wear with an automatic locker.

Hi All:

IIRC one does the "X" rotation for bias-ply tires, while radial tires get the forward/back action.

Rotating the tires every-other oil change seems like an easy to remember pattern.

Regards,

Alan

I rotate to include the spare tire. I don't like the idea of having a mint spare and worn tires.

This is what I do now that I 5 identical tires on a couple of Cruisers. I rotate the tires clockwise because it's easy for me to remember this pattern and I can do it with only one jack.

For the spare rotation I think I did:

Spare --> Driver Front
Driver Front --> Passenger Rear
Passenger Rear --> Passenger Front
Passenger Front --> Driver Rear
Driver Rear --> Spare

I was on my phone earlier and that would have been irritating to type haha

cross patern is best. Most tires wear faster on the right side of a vehicle. some how we do more turning to the right with freeway exits to the right, ect. Cross pattern will give a more even wear on your tires and help you get them to last as long as possible.

cross patern is best. Most tires wear faster on the right side of a vehicle. some how we do more turning to the right with freeway exits to the right, ect. Cross pattern will give a more even wear on your tires and help you get them to last as long as possible.

Turning to the right would wear the left side of the tire.

Thanks guys. I have always been a fan of cross rotating just because it make more since but just wanted to see what the opinions were.

Here is the rotation pattern I use...
sparetire.png

I've printed a copy that I keep in the truck as well in case I am being lazy and I have a shop perform the rotation. I mark the front tires prior to taking it to the shop so I can verify they followed the pattern... Yeah, I'm a micro-manager but I have zero confidence in most of these shops and normally do the work myself (but when it's 100* outside I let the shop monkeys sweat it out).

Here is the rotation pattern I use...

I probably used that one too. I honestly just googled something and used it haha.

Similar pattern. I was close :hillbilly:

I just do the front to rear swap. I have found, at least with my Destination MT's, that by changing the direction of the tires rotation by cross rotating, it makes them dreadfully loud, at least for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom