TIre Damage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A little background first. 94 FZJ80 with 156K. Heavy/Heavy lift with 285/75R16 Firstone Destination MTs. Tires have about 12K miles on them and a severe chunking problem on one lug on only one tire. All other tires are wearing evenly. I did make it to Katemcy and Superlift Park in Hot Springs on these tires.

Has anyone seen damage like this before? I have removed the tire and am running the spare right now. One complicating factor is I bought the tire online and would like to return it to an authorized retailer locally so I am not stuck with freight both ways and mount/dismount costs.
Firestone 1.jpg
Firestone 2.jpg

are you afraid it'll blow or trying to deal with a warranty issue?

how did this happen?

landtank said:
don't know from experience but it was mentioned that failure to air down the tires when offroading can lead to this type of problem.
Usually air down to 16 pounds on the trail. I am concerned that at the very least the tire is weakened. I also think it is a manufacturing defect. Otherwise it would happen to the other three tires.

My warranties from that vendor state that you just have to cut the serial number off the sidewall and send it back, not the whole tire. But that you're responsible for the freight on the replacement tire. This tire looks about as screwed up as a soup sandwich though. Get after 'em! :mad:

TJK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom