Tips on Restoring Dash Pads and Knobs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.buttonit.com
I am doing the finish work on my dash and would like to know if anyone has any specific things that work for bringing back to life the lower dash pads and knobs.

I did some searching and found some info on plastic polishes but I was wondering if there are any other tips on what you guys used out there?

Thanks.

Someone posted earlier to use crayons on the knobs then wipe off the exess, it works!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used plasticote from wal mart on the lower dash pads and got a new dashtop for my dash.

I cleaned the knobs by cleaning them really well with some dish detergent.
Sprayed them with white spray paint and then wiped off the paint leaving the white in the channels. Works pissah.

Has anyone ever trired this crayon thing on the lower dash pads, I am certainly trying all of these on my knobs some night this week, thanks for all the ideas.

the crayon trick is just for the knobs, the wax recesses itself in the lettering.

go to your local home depot and get some plastic spray paint. It is made for plastic and comes in a rattle can, works fairly well on dash pieces. My buddy did it to his minitruck and it came out nice, not sure abou the durability but it seems fairly well placed on there.

Noah

Check in at your local Auto sales, Ford, GM, etc. There are usually guys that make the rounds to repair dents, scratches and so on. Where I live there is a husband and wife team and they fix and repair anything plastic, dashes, door panels and so on. They will fix a rip, crack or tear and you will not be able to find it. Good thing is the repair is done with plastic and then they have various methods of matching the texture. Worth a try.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom