Tinted windows? and leather repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New 80 owner got LC from the "city". DPO installed tinting on windows. I want to remove this film from the drivers and passenger front doors. This film is done totally professionally.
How hard to remove the windows from the doors? Anyone wanna trade for untinted ones?
I'm in Wisconsin.
On another note the same DPO had put TV monitors on the rear of the front seat headrests. THese have been removed leaving numerous holes in the leather. Do I just get some of that Vinyl patch "as seen on TV"? or take it to someone? Maybe find a set of headrests from a high mileage unit?? Anybody got a set of brown (oak) leather ones hiding under seat covers, willing to trade?

Rather than pulling the windows just remove the tint. I've done it before by soaking it with windex and using a razor. There's also a product (liquid) that's made for removing it. Takes a little while but definetely easier than pulling & reinstalling the windows.

just use a razor and soapy water in a spray bottle. Find a corner and pry up the tint just a tad with the razor then start spraying the soapy water in there and pull up slowly. Just did this last weekend on my sister's trooper. I don't know about the leather. I'm just going to cover the entire front seats (headrest and all) with wet okole seat covers. :cheers:

LC OEM window tint could get scratched if you use razor. Use special adhesive remover and scrape it with plastic scraper.

Did any have factory tint on the front side windows????? With the aftermarket on stuff it is really dark in there. I know the back windows were tinted as part of the "Collectors" package, but doubt the front ones were too.

i've found that cruiserparts.net has a pretty decent selection of used parts, and often has headrests. you'll probably have to comb their site periodically to see if they have the color you need. headrests are generally about $100.
<p>
http://www.cruiserparts.net/parts/fj80.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom