Builds time to start over (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No issues with the tires hitting the resi I just got a new Diamond rear axle that is wider also so i will have even more room

Limit straps ordered for the rear, 14 inch on the left and 12 inch on the rear as mounting points are different

So my rear limit straps arrived, i definetly underestimated the size the clevis kits and hoping the local suspension joint can move them up enough to make up for the extra length. Yes there are two different lengths as the mounting points arent the same

PXL_20210702_050949663.jpg

So finally ordered some fox gear for the front. One of our vendours here in aus is able to get custom length 2.0 fox performance struts, he said he will also cUstom valve them for my car. They will be paired up with his platinum progressive weight coils.

New fox 2.0 coil overs are in, just waiting on the vendour to organise some longer legs gor them, then once i swap them out and lower the preload i should have between 4-5 inches of droop at 3 inches of lift.

Ride quality compared to the previous bilsteins is night and day, they are much nicer on and offroad, thanks to custom valving, linear piston and progressive springs

PXL_20211208_105406145.jpg

PXL_20211208_105357364.jpg

PXL_20211208_105343808.jpg

Awesome, I went with Walker-Evans racing suspension at all 4 wheels and also noticed a night and day difference over the factory Bilsteins. Enjoy.
Ye i was going to do a complete custom set up using universal fit fox factory 2.0s but the length i needed only came with half inch uniballs, and to go to a 5/8 uniball lower mount the shortest version available was 10 inch travel

New superior engineering sway bar links are in, they are disconnects as they also the front of a y60 and y61 patrol.

They come with fittings for permanant connect but the disconnect is a nicer fit.

The blue superpro links had the vertical ball joints fail and its apparently a common problem with that style so got something more durable

PXL_20220728_061427763.jpg

New superior engineering sway bar links are in, they are disconnects as they also the front of a y60 and y61 patrol.

They come with fittings for permanant connect but the disconnect is a nicer fit.

The blue superpro links had the vertical ball joints fail and its apparently a common problem with that style so got something more durable

View attachment 3079058

View attachment 3079058
i Hope you like changing CV boot axles because you are going to be a pro at them with these disconnects

Added some 3 inch air bags to the rear using the single fill point and T piece option to help when i hook the camper trailer up

Also will add preload was dropped 25mm and 25mm strut spacers were added before xmas, still sitting too high but i intend on lowering the preload a bit more yet

So ibe been quiet for a while but yes i still have the fj, few little face lift mods coming to tidy the old girl up. Just had the front bar repainted (finally), led indicators and led fog lights with DRLs to suit arb bar are on the way, have a stainless snorkel waiting to be fitted still, will be fitting led headlights and a small light bar all by by the same company as the fog lamps so all shades of lights will be the same.

Not the best pic due to lighting and not having cleaned the paint dust off the bar yet. The new front diff goes in on the 20th too

PXL_20230702_033641044.jpg

So the barchas been painted again, and yesterday finally installed my led foglights and drl's from stedi. Jave led indicators and park lights coming soon to

PXL_20230716_092755462.jpg

PXL_20230716_092812387.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom