Builds time to start over (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ultragauge and wideband gauge dont show a difference, i think its because the computer just adds more fuel for the extra air so the ratio doesnt change

I have a feeling this is the main problem in the tjm snorkel

FB_IMG_1611529393734.jpg

FB_IMG_1611529387763.jpg

Yes, it does choke down there! I hadn't considered how little the manufacturers focused on airflow.

I meant total cubic meters of air per minute. But you could work backwards and see wide-open throttle injector duty cycle % with and without snorkel. Since the vehicle's computer will maintain the 14.7:1 air:fuel ratio, if there is less air the injectors won't be running as high. Seems pointless though, as you have the dyno numbers.

Enjoyed reading your build!

Yes, it does choke down there! I hadn't considered how little the manufacturers focused on airflow.

I meant total cubic meters of air per minute. But you could work backwards and see wide-open throttle injector duty cycle % with and without snorkel. Since the vehicle's computer will maintain the 14.7:1 air:fuel ratio, if there is less air the injectors won't be running as high. Seems pointless though, as you have the dyno numbers.

Enjoyed reading your build!
From the day it was tuned with all the mods and only gained 16hp i knew something was up, will be getting it retuned when snorkel is done

The snorkel power loss may be falsely inflated on the dyno vs real world. With stock (under hood) intake the air is more or less stagnant even while moving (or at least isn't being directed at the intake,) as opposed to a snorkel which is having air actively rammed into the intake head at whatever speed you're driving. Just a theory.
Hope you get it sorted

The snorkel power loss may be falsely inflated on the dyno vs real world. With stock (under hood) intake the air is more or less stagnant even while moving (or at least isn't being directed at the intake,) as opposed to a snorkel which is having air actively rammed into the intake head at whatever speed you're driving. Just a theory.
Hope you get it sorted
Have a look at the photo of the joiner pipe, the snorkel only really rams air over 120kph, the restriction and turbulence in that pipe is the problem.

Me too, hahaha
So a couple of updates, fj is booked in for torque converter override kit and heavy duty valve body upgrade in 3 weeks and am just about ready to install all this.

Superior lower rear arms
Superior upper rear arms
Superior panhard
Superpro adjustable links
Psr 3" long travel coils
Fox 2.0 11.5 inch travel remote res shocks custom tuned and built by accutune offroad ( recomend these guys to anyone looking at fox shocks).

PXL_20210409_113318338.jpg

Will you be using the Nomad valve body and wholesale automatics tc lock out kit ?

They make good stuff. I am running there trans cooler

In the day light. Notable things. There is only about 10mm of compression left when the axle hots the timbren stops, plus the external bump stop on the shaft so i will be spacing the timbrens down 20mm to be safe.

I will likely find a shock shop over hear to put longer hoses on the reservoirs so i can mount them on the cross member behind the coils as there isnt alot of room between the axle housing and resovoir at full compression and i can see those billet clamps moving over rough trails.

With the car on jack stands and the axle at full droop the left spring and upper arm were hitting the tank (wound the swaybar links up to limit droop for now) while i couldnt immirate the scenario in the picture taken it may not have been at full droop so will be emailing the vendors that made the arms and coils tonight for advice.

Currently at ride hieght i have 5.5 inches of compression left on the shaft, the timbren does compress quite a bit but not sure how much. The shock has 6 inches of droop at ride hieght.

Bottom of rim to edge of guard is 860mm right side and 870mm left side. I dont have a jack high enough to measure wheel travel atm so couldnt tell you all that but i estimate droop to be about 5 inches at the shockwith the swaybar links wound up.

PXL_20210418_054441223.jpg

Valvebody upgrade and tc lock up kit in. Definetly an improvement. Nice clean shifting no more engine flaring on shifts. Slightly more engine braking unlocked and when locked slightly more again. Downshifting on decel coasting in on decel when locked up sounds real good to.

With my rear suspension just about complete, ill be moving on to the front soon. Just wondering if anyone is using high angle boots?

I used the ones from CVJ axle. good products

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom