Builds time to start over (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I checked today, the airaid doesnt slide into the tjm outlet, ive ordered a a 3.75-4.0 inch expander joint, i just hope it works

Local shops price $620, normal online price from this supplier $488, ebay sale price from the same supplier $391. Couldnt take the chance that the sale would still be in place in couple weeks

1231744988.png

Someone on here answer me a question, having a look at how these higher end struts mount at the top (picture is example) would that set up change the compressed length compared to say a bikstein 6112 with conventional strut top where the strut rises up through the mount?

Screenshot_20190817-131518.png

Bit of ****ing around to get it to fit with the airaid intake but shes now above any sensible water crossing hieght

IMG_20190824_175306.jpg

Hmm...keep us updated. Hope your solution works mate 👍 fingers crossed.
Semper all that was needed to make it fit with the airaid was a 3.75-4.0 silicone joiner, and some hose clamps, you will need to trim the snorkel outlet and depending on the length of joiner that to

Hey Stellz, lets us know if the ticking/tapping sound changes or goes away with the new headers. Kinda curious if its the headers in our vehicles that the tacoma and 4runner guys say is a possible cause.
The tapping noise is still there unfortunately

Urd throttlebody adapter and airaid pre filter both on the way.

I have a 76mm throttlebody from my lx570 left over so its only 65$ plus frieght and it will be going on with the tune, even if i get 5hp on top of the tune and other mods it would be worth it. The airaid intake into stock tb is 100mm down to 70mm so hoping that opening it up helps the engine breathe.

Urd tb 70-76mm adapter plate is in, was pleased to see its a tapered bore so wont cause a ridge in the intake

Will post and update when its installed, hopefully this weekend, its booked in for a custom tune next month

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom