Timbren Front and Rear Bump Stops (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

just ordered a set of rears from carl to hopefully eliminate my 35's from rubbing when rock crawling....

Just added rears from Slee for towing and fronts from justdifferentials.com and I cannot believe how much the fronts improve the ride. Anyone running a lift on their Hundy should get a pair. It's night and day.

I've been considering these for a while since I'm running so much weight up front while still on stock TB's. But man I wasn't expecting $215 for just the fronts! Yes since I own a LC so i'm no stranger to paying top dollar for parts, but over $100 for a single one seems high to me. From all of the positive reviews I've read it seems like it's worth it though. On the other hand....Tough Dog (@reevesci) TB's are only $115 more and I am contemplating which I should go for first.

Annnnd here I go down the $$$$ slippery slope...With that mindset I could really use some sliders from the MetalTech sale, every single product from Dissent (sans the front bumper since I have BIOR), new rear shocks, and a SAS from @I Lean. Decisions decisions...:rolleyes:

I'd do the TBs first. Seems fundamental.

just ordered a set of rears from carl to hopefully eliminate my 35's from rubbing when rock crawling....
Just curious to know if these worked out for you to keep your 35s from rubbing? Would you recommend these for us guys running 35s?

I just had the truck flexed today and I think it did help. I was noticing my tire was not rubbing my rear bumper like previously on the wheel well. I didn’t think to get under the truck and get a picture of the bump stop. (Fail)

FAF639E2-BE35-4321-BE39-58836EDA0A81.jpeg

31B3B230-B44A-4C38-B8FA-693443DABEB7.jpeg

DF8DF5BC-71E6-4CB7-9B67-DF365C682284.jpeg

Here is another little project that I have been testing out. As some here know my truck weighs 6,100 lbs empty. Fully loaded almost 8,000lbs. I figured sooner or later I would break an axle bottoming out so I have been desperate to find a solution without having to install hydraulic bump stops.

I think I may have found the perfect setup (but not cheap) I bought the Timbren Rubber Spring setup to use for bump stops. They charged $460 for the front and rear. I could not believe how expensive they were but took the dive in. When I got the kit I immediately called Timbren to ask why they were so stiff. After I explained that I was not looking to support weight from a trailer or snow plow, they told me to install them anyway and if I did not like them they would send me a softer set. I tried them and then true to their word they replaced both sets with the softest compound they had. The new ones they sent are awesome. Super soft compound that compresses a total of 60%. I calculated where my rear shocks would bottom out and it should stop the travel about a 1/2" before the shock hits bottom. After a number of hard desert miles this weekend in Anza Borrego in some woops at pretty good speed I cannot say enough about this set up. Quite possibly my favorite mod for the price. I can thrash the truck and it just is butter smooth with no hard crashing into the stock bump stops. I also run 864 OME Springs that are pretty stiff but great for my application

Below are some pictures of the front and rear. I had to modify/cut the rear bracket a little because it was too close the springs.

For the front you replace only the rear stops on the lower front arms. I added some fender washers to drop it 3/8" to be sure it did not compress so much that the front OEM stop engaged too soon.
View attachment 515298View attachment 515299View attachment 515300
On the front stops, why do you replace the ones in the rear position and not the front?

Crazy expensive for what they are. Probably 100 bucks per pound for rubber and metal mounts. That being said, they are a significant improvement at speed. I’m glad I finally cracked open the wallet and bought them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom