Ticking clutch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I just tuned up the rig and have noticed a noise that sounds like a ticking with a bit of jittering in it. It goes away when I depress the clutch. Actually if I just press the clutch an inch or so it goes away. The clutch was rebuilt about 2 years ago (mechanic, not me). I have been learning my 60 as I go and this is the first time I have had to think about the clutch. Any help is much appreciated. :D

Sounds like the description of a classic throw-out bearing going south noise. I would'nt let it bother you too much untill it gets loud and constant. I had an 82 mini truck that had that same noise for 10K before I finally fixed it. Do you know if the mechanic replaced the TOB when he did the clutch? Seems like the bitteroot dodged the fire season/ drought this year. Is the hopper fishing any good ? :cheers:
Michael

Dodged?? I spend two beers time watching the mountain burn behind my house on Saturday. There are 33 fires burning now and one of them is in my favorite hunting area (5x6 last year!). The fires aren't getting that much press but a chopper pilot i know and a few fire jumpers are very busy. I am trying to keep track of the fires though for morel picking next spring! Where are you at?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom