1984 FJ60 clutch no pressure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got an FJ60 and clutch no longer gives pressure when pressed down. Went down to check out the clutch fluid and the master cylinder was empty. I then followed the line to the slave cylinder (release) and it showed signs of leaking. Attached are photos of the slave cylinder. I tried to bleed it with a flare nut wrench but it ended up rounding out the bleeder nut. It seems like the slave cylinder is pushed out all the way stuck and I'm not sure what to do at this point,

Buy a new slave cylinder (CRT019 ASIN?) or try to use vicegrips to try and bleed it more. I believe there is a leak because there was fluid on the boot. If I replace the slave cylinder itself would that be okay, and leave the master or replace both at the same time? Also if i were to replace the slave could i do it without taking apart anything else (ie dropping trans)

Also it looks like this bolt came out im not sure what it is/if its necessary let me know.

Help for an amateur mechanic

Screen Shot 2023-09-24 at 10.56.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-24 at 10.56.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-24 at 10.54.55 PM.png

Replace the slave It should take 5 minuets.

You do not have to drop the transmission.

Your slave cylinder is like a brake component - if you had a brake calliper give out on you, you would want to replace it regardless. IMO. But you probably don’t need to replace the master.

I got a new slave for $150 CAD.

Agree…it’s best to replace both at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom