Thumbs up for Murf... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know that pretty much everyone here knows what a good guy Murf is but here's a quick story in case anyone has forgotten.

When I moved to Phoenix from Atlanta I sold my FJ62 and bought a 2005 GX470 when I got here. I love the truck but its had a few issues. I didn't know a soul in Phoenix but reached out to Murf for help because he was big here on MUD. Every time I bring the truck in to Camelback Toyota, Murf or Ed Hammers ( the service rep I deal with) gets me taken care of with a huge savings from what a Lexus dealer would charge.

A few days ago, the dashboard warning lights came on while I was driving home from running some errands. Ed got the truck checked out and I was in and out of the shop in about an hour or so. On the way home, I noticed that the ride was REALLY bumpy and it got worse as I went along. By the time I got close to home, it was knocking me out of the seat and the rear of the truck was sitting MUCH lower To the ground. I got back in touch with Ed and he told me to bring it back. He also immediately told me if they messed up, they would take care of me and make the situation right.

After a little research on some Lexus forums, I learned that it's easy for mecahnics to pop the rear airbags if they raise or lower the truck wrong. I told this to Ed when I brought it back- they gave me a rental car while they looked at the truck. Sure enough, the tech popped one of the airbags so Murf and the guys ordered the parts, fixed up the truck, and got me going again within 24 hours.

I told that whole story in order to say this: the tech made an honest mistake and I don't blame him at all. If the folks at Camelback were dishonest, they could have just told me " it's a huge coincidence that the air suspension system failed after being in our shop, we are not responsible, and if you don't like it, then tough." Instead, they handled the situation with honesty and they handled it quickly too. Plus, it gave me chance to spend some quality time with Murf talking about FJ40's...

The bottom line is that I know there are a lot of shops with good reputations in the Phoenix area but Camelback has my business and it's all because of guys like Ed and Murf.

I've said this before, there are dealers closer to me but none will ever get my hard earned dollars again because they lack integrity and the concept of great customer service. CBT has the right leadership and this cascades through every employee that works in the service department.

Great job Murf and team.

I've said this before, there are dealers closer to me but none will ever get my hard earned dollars again because they lack integrity and the concept of great customer service. CBT has the right leadership and this cascades through every employee that works in the service department.

Great job Murf and team.

I don't post a bunch but this one's worth chiming in. X2 on CBT/Murf (and all the others whose names I don't recall over at CBT that I have interacted with)....in particular the very natural manner in which they shine in the area of customer care (they're simply pleasant people to be around - there's nothing fake or "I'm just here doing my job" feelings emanating form any of them - there is no substitute for this). I, admittedly, get most of my parts and service from the T dealer over here in Gilbert and EVERY FRIKKIN' TIME I deal with their parts counter guy, I stand there biting my tongue and gritting my teeth - it's simply a very different and notably inferior experience than when I do have the time to make the trek to CBT.

There's one guy in Service (mechanic/service tech expert) over here who's done some work on my behalf who IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME and I know another CSC member works back there as well (I haven't, unfortunately, had the pleasure of meeting with him). That said, the front-counter people (parts and service) I have spent some time with over here just don't measure up in all those little ways that truly make a significant difference.

Keep it up - I wish it was easier for me to more regularly take advantage of the CBT services, expertise and pleasant-to-work-with group. Feedback from a guy who isn't spending every $$ with you but truly wishes he somehow could. Well done!

thank you all for the kind words. I am truly blessed with a good charactered & long tenured staff.

But to be fair, like the saying goes: "it takes two to tango". I havent met a cruiserhead that wasnt great to deal with as well!

Many a day, a CSC'r will swing by and make sure they say "hi" with a smile on thier face ~

Murf and CBT are the best I've come across in 44 years!! Keep up the great work!

I drive @murf crazy with random texts and questions at random times and the guy is always willing to respond. Eric, I truly do appreciate the repsonses and the time you put into my petty questions. I can count the number of dealers I trust on one hand, and Eric and CBT have made their way solidly onto that list.

Put it simply, " MURF IS THE BEST" !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom