Thule Easyline Utility Trailer circa 2008 - need adapter! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We just acquired the BEST little utility trailer by Thule for a steal. Manufactured in 2008. Thule sold off this part of their company to SnoPro, supposedly. It comes perfectly wired but we CANNOT find an adapter to save our lives. We need an adapter to hook up to our SUV's 4-flat. But take a look at this pin-out! It's not the typical 4-round. It honestly looks like it was a 5-round but looking at diagrams of those, it doesn't match those either.

Does anyone have this trailer and does this look familiar to you? If so, what did you use to connect it to your 4-flat? We really don't want have to cut and splice on a new connector because this is all so nicely done...but if we have to...

IMG_6873.JPG

IMG_6762(1).JPG

@VA Runner did your Thule trailer have an adapter like that or was yours the standard 4-round? Not sure if you recall (before you sold it).

I don't think those are completely uncommon, I have trailers, albeit older ones, with them and adapters for those from a traditional larger round plug down to one of those, but never seen an adapter the other direction.

My trailer that is just like yours except the next size up has a flat wire plug.

Didn't Brendelup out of Texas acquire the old Thule parts inventory?

I don't think those are completely uncommon, I have trailers, albeit older ones, with them and adapters for those from a traditional larger round plug down to one of those, but never seen an adapter the other direction.

My trailer that is just like yours except the next size up has a flat wire plug.

Didn't Brendelup out of Texas acquire the old Thule parts inventory?
I'm not sure about Brendelup...I called Thule and they immediately sent me to SnoPro. When I called SnoPro, they acknowledged that they support Thule trailers but have no records of the trailers that were sold. They weren't helpful.

Suspect that's what we'll have to do, but bummed about that because the end is all sealed inside of formed rubber. It's VERY nicely done the way it is now.
Oh and BTW, I already talked to etrailer and the support rep was less than helpful. Wouldn't even provide me with a way to send a picture of what I was talking about. The rep just assumed it was the standard 4-round pattern, no matter how hard I tried to explain that it is not standard.

After taking a second look, that is not the same as the trailer plugs I have.

It appears it is the plug that goes between the Thule harness and the other end that has the flat blade that plugs into your vehicle. I have never taken mine apart but will grab a picture of what you need, essentially the opposite plug and a section of 2' or so with the light plug on the end. Yes it is very well done and I too would try to source the other end. I will double check and send a picture if what I suspect after a second look is correct.

Any possibility the seller still has that portion?

After taking a second look, that is not the same as the trailer plugs I have.

It appears it is the plug that goes between the Thule harness and the other end that has the flat blade that plugs into your vehicle. I have never taken mine apart but will grab a picture of what you need, essentially the opposite plug and a section of 2' or so with the light plug on the end. Yes it is very well done and I too would try to source the other end. I will double check and send a picture if what I suspect after a second look is correct.

Any possibility the seller still has that portion?
I doubt the owner has anything more. He seemed like he didn't know much about the trailer so I suspect it belonged to extended family or something. He claims they had 4 of these Thule trailers, originally purchased to fill with goods to then ship out of the country. But then the freight was too much so they garaged them for years. These trailers are like endangered species!

Google 12V plugs / connectors. I tried to post a link but I'm internet challenged. Lots of water tight pin connectors available. Common in marine industry. EG: sea-dog molded polarized plug connector
Not a match, but similar. You can also try DC Voltage power connectors.
GLWS,
Jim

Last edited:
This is the other end of my trailer.

A006328C-AB14-455E-AB4C-F35428B95A24.jpeg
9F50686C-2742-46E2-AA45-B1CB7FA3FC32.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom