Throttle Linkage Connection FJ60 with Weber Carb (and electric choke) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys!

I'm nearing the final stages of a massive overhaul to an '85 FJ60 and am having trouble with the weber carb. So this summer my truck died out ad wouldn't start. It seemed likely it was a carb issue so my buddy (licensed mechanic) bought a rebuild kit and decided to rebuild it. While we had it off, we fixed a bunch of cracks, shoddy backyard mechanic stuff (for example a welded brake pad to cover exhaust ports) and we did a desmog.

In rebuilding the carb something went wrong. the throttle won't push properly etc etc. I reached out to JimC (cause I know he's the guru) but never heard back so I bought a weber carb from CruiserCorps to get me through until the world is normal-ish. We put on the weber carb but there's a few issues I'm having:

The throttle linkage won't connect nicely. I can't seem to find any nice pictures of anything Weber carb-linkage related and it just won't fit on right. When I hook up the stock linkage my gas pedal is already halfway down. I was wondering if anyone had pics of their Weber 38/38 conversion hooked up? Is there anything that would cause the gas pedal to be halfway pressed? It feels like I have to lift the rod arm from the gas pedal overly high to connect to the throttle arm causing it to already be twisted.

Secondly, I have a manual choke, but the carb is setup with an electric choke. There are no pictures anywhere that show where to hook the eyelet end on to to get the proper voltage. Would I go straight onto the alternator or will that leave it constantly on?

Thanks for your help, I'm a little in over my head mechanically and could use all the help I can get.
Find a 12v power on wire/fuse block

Rear Defog is a good one, and run that wire to your electric choke

really wish you were closer

Click their name

then hit start conversation
After some searching. I believe it’s a technical issue because I’m somewhat new. Here’s what it looks like when I click a name:(no “ start conversation”.

69CE6C8D-117B-42BF-BF29-DDD06B238C36.png

After some searching. I believe it’s a technical issue because I’m somewhat new. Here’s what it looks like when I click a name:(no “ start conversation”.

View attachment 2594827
Your too new I believe, here I’ll help hold a convo on someone else build thread to get you the “posts” you need to become a “full 🙄” member

I’m also in the middle of a carb swap (old Weber) to a new Weber 38 from Cruiser Corps on a 1985 60. The previous carb had a “lever” instead of the fan-like throttle fan. Could I turn the throttle fan upside down or replace with old “lever”. Here’s a photo of the modified throttle rod linkage. Not sure how old it is. I could not find any throttle linkage set up as well to compare.

B5A3D670-D25C-4B2E-BDE8-113CC44C68B2.jpeg

0F56BE4B-1E10-45C8-BFB4-1901F2E52197.jpeg

1F780124-03DB-4747-B1C8-B6BE4DFC3158.jpeg

What’s your new set up like? Does it attach to a new Weber like I have? (See below)

My kits are ALL OEM all the time

i do not know much about the mechanical communication MODS required with a Weber carb ?

please PM for further details

DSCN3323.JPG
DSCN3326.JPG
DSCN3330.jpg
DSCN3331.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom