Throttle Body Port R Vacuum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.willenosphotography.com
On port "R" of the throttle body.. I would love to know how many inches of vacuum I should be reading at 3000 rpm? The FSM does not specify except to state vacuum.

I believe I have something blocking the port and it is NOT carbon. Maybe a broken wire or something similar from a previous owners or tech digging around in there. Port E has 56".. .port R 14" at the same RPM. Considering that they are very close in the roof of the TB.. conceivably they should be close unless the R tubing has a factory restriction.

I can blow air thru it.. cleaner goes thru fine. Of course I don't know what the volume of air and cleaner is getting thru. A small guitar string won't go thru.. no matter how I maneuver it.

Anybody have any numbers??

Last edited:
What year? I don't have any published data I can share, but I do have a '94 and a '95 I can put a gauge on, if that'll help.

@Trollhole might know off the top of his head.

Malleus.. thanks a bunch. My 80 is a '97. If you get an opportunity to measure the vacuum at port R that would be great.

I'm in a similar spot. Verified both TB ports (E and R) are clear by removing intake hose and blowing cleaner through. According to the diagram below, R->R and E->P. Well I can feel strong vacuum on E->P but little to none on R->R. What gives? New vacuum modulator and VSV is measuring at 34 Ohms...

19-1001_VacuumDiagram.JPG

You can pull the throttle body easily and clean all of the ports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom