Thread Size/Pitch of Air Injection Check Valve ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spike Strip

Goblin Mode Activated
SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone by chance know the size of the threads of these Air Injection Check Valves?

Has anyone found a substitute?

I tried a couple of ones for early Toyota Corolla but the threads are slightly different.

Anyone by chance know the size of the threads of these Air Injection Check Valves?

Has anyone found a substitute?

I tried a couple of ones for early Toyota Corolla but the threads are slightly different.

View attachment 1917855
View attachment 1917865
You probably already know but cruiserparts.net carries aftermarket replacements.

Has anyone purchased one of those -- I read too many posts where CP is slow to ship or doesn't respond to emails...

I did purchase one of these from cruiserparts (2) years ago. Since it was a new aftermarket I remember getting it 5-7 business days which I was ok with because my other valve was falling apart.

I sent them an email to see if any in stock -

Thanks for the link :cheers:

M24x2.0mm

STandard AV8 is a direct replacement that i just bought recently but it has an 18mm hose barb which is smaller than stock, but i made up the space with high temp pipe tape and it worked just fine for smog.

Another option I found is the standard AV13 which is M24x1.5 and the correct hose barb size, but would need to be retapped to 24x2.0mm.

Post #16, @cps432 reports that Napa 2-29002 works but as above needs a wrap to make the smaller hose barb work. For some reason napa won't let you order it online though, says you have to have a napa store order it.

I haven't tried it yet - I patched a hole in my air rail with exhuast paste and it is holding up for now.

M24x2.0mm

STandard AV8 is a direct replacement that i just bought recently but it has an 18mm hose barb which is smaller than stock, but i made up the space with high temp pipe tape and it worked just fine for smog.

Another option I found is the standard AV13 which is M24x1.5 and the correct hose barb size, but would need to be retapped to 24x2.0mm.

I have a couple of the AV14 which are listed as fitting early Toyotas, Corolla, etc and they're the right size, including the nib, but the wrong thread pitch.

That's what I was thinking of doing - Tapping the thread for the correct pitch. I'll call cruiser parts Monday and if that doesn't work out then maybe I'll look for a tap or just get the AV8. They seem to be readily available. That NAPA part # should be 2-29001 and it's the same as the AV8.

I also found a M24x2 Tap on ebay (that didn't have to come from China) for a reasonable price, so I can experiment with the CV14 to see if it will work without leaking...

Last edited:
So, with a Forming Tap of M24x2.0 it worked perfectly on a check valve that's 1.5 pitch ....

It's a CV14A, but that's just the BWD brand part of the SMP AV14

EDIT: I think it's a AV13 in the SMP brand... Have to verify.

There's a bunch of different aftermarket Part #'s that are all the same valve, a M24x1.5, with 3/4 hose bib, (prolly made by Federal-Mogul) for early-90's Fords and they're very readily available and around $20. I'll post the list when it's complete. Sold under Wells, Airtex, etc ...

Those taps are surprisingly cheap ~ $20 if one can wait for the Chi-Comm flavor to arrive.

I'd be happy to re-tap for anyone, but don't really want to stock/sell anything....

Last edited:
I can't guarantee this info, it's just a copy/paste of cross-reference for a part # with direct crosses. Prolly best to verify.

Notes: Hose Size - 22mm, Thread - M24 x 1.5 -, (Female)
Notes 2: Air Pump Check Valves

Again - These are Check Valves that will work ONLY if they are Tapped to proper size.

WELLSe217
GM12332535
ACDelco215-669
BORG W...CV14A
KEM174-169
ORIGIN...9005
NIEHOFFFE482A

FactoryNumberCross Interchange TypeRelevance
CARQUEST731517Direct Cross Interchange13
AIRTEX1A3047Direct Cross Interchange13
Forecast9005Direct Cross Interchange9
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTSAV13Direct Cross Interchange5