Thoughts on this toolbox? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Right up until you listen to them rattle for 300 miles. Drives me nucking futz!! I don't keep my home sockets like that, only those that go with me on trips.

well, if I used the allthread system, I would likely spill all the sockets in the truck as soon as I opened the thing up. They would end up in odd unaccessible resonating spots for sure, and then there would be rattling all right.... like forever.... :)

There is that! I'm extra careful to only remove the wing-nut while the assembly is sitting on a seat or towel or similar.

random find on google just for illustration (not an endorsement):

I will agree, though, that it takes more space than the allthread way. And way more expensive. But the fizz factor would be a lot higher too...

I tried something like that, but bought from Marlin (RIP). Each brand is likely different, and I've no recollection of what brand that one was, but getting the sockets out the one that I had with greasy fingers wasn't going to be easy.

There are a LOT of various solutions out there, the assortment on amazon alone is staggering. Add in the higher quality vendors out there and you could go broke trying them all. Likely the best option is to buy a sample of what looks like it will work for you off amazon or HF (the roll that I keep on top in the bag is still one from HF because I haven't found something exactly like it, but better), and try it. If it works, but could be better then seek out a higher quality vendor that makes something like it.

First off, I am glad you see tools an investment.

I am not going to pimp our own product, but buy once cry once.

At the very least buy a set of Knipex pliers wrenches, I like the 10 inchers, dont buy the HF knock off, the price difference isn't worth the crappy alloy steel and tolerance stack.

If you are ever thinking about using a impact just spring for impact sockets, plenty of companies make thin walled ones.

Things you hit with a hammer should be high quality too, nothing like a chunk coming off a cold chisel.

random find on google just for illustration (not an endorsement):

I will agree, though, that it takes more space than the allthread way. And way more expensive. But the fizz factor would be a lot higher too...
We have tired using elastic for socket holding in about half a dozen different ways. Socket rails in a pocket in a soft roll is much more compact, and far far less fiddly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom