Thoughts on this new AMAZON battery 100AH deep cycle? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good compact batt for acc loads, fridge, lights, camp stuff, etc...... I would not run a high amp load thru those lugs.

That is what I was thinking of using it for.

This is a full size Group 31 deep cell - 12.99x 6.73x 8.43 with 100amp hrs for $150

Hook an 8 amp sunforce solar controller with up to 125W of solar ( controller has 4 pigtails for panel input ) and you'll have a stand alone system from veh batt. My fridge shows system voltage so I ran it stand alone to see how long it ran before needing a charge that solar couldnt provide or keep up with. You can upsize the solar controller and easily do 250w or so of solar which would be enough for my system to go by itself given sun. I run an engel 45 fridge, led lights on the 270 awning and the ocasional rc car charge or camp/work light. I run a lensun 100w semi flexible panel.

I think for that price you can spend maybe $30 to $50 more and get a LiFePO4 battery. I'm sure if you hunt through amazon enough you can find one that is even closer in price.

My aux battery on my 80 series is a group 31 Odyssey and its going on 7 years old. Thing is replacing it is going to cost like $500. I wish i could find a lithium battery of the same size and capacity that can fit in the same battery tray under the hood. I don't think that's hard to find but the issue I think is finding a lithium battery that can handle the heat from under the hood.

I agree on the price point, alot of options for that price range. Best thing I ever did no matter what battery is solar, keeps system charged and keeps up with fridge & acc. I have had alot of batts, Odysee, P2, red top, blue top, interstate, motorcraft, IMO they are like AA batts, sometimes they last decades and sometimes they are dead outa da box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom