Thoughts on the T'eyes CC3 system (in-dash Android tablet to replace our crappy old nav screen) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They can run any app (Waze, Gaia GPS, Spotify, etc.), but they need data either from your phone (as a hotspot) or a SIM card with its own plan (plugged into the unit).
With the cameras have you been using the dashcam functionality?

No, I think the dashcam is a whole different "add-on" to buy. I don't live in a giant city where dash cams are needed/prevalent.
I just purchased two back up cams & wired one to the front. My goal is to use it off-roading, that hood containing the V8 really blocks the view!

I've often thought about something along these lines. But the lack of a volume knob and temp buttons is a big no from me. I just made my own phone mount along the lines of one made by Owl Expedition. Where you remove the cassette guts and use those mounting points to attach it. The phone mount sticks out from the cassette deck and the phone falls right at hand.

Hi Guys,

Google brought me here. I sadly don't have a four wheel drive, but I do have a T'eyes CC3. And it's like a certain spaghetti western title. The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Dashcam - yes, I have it. On XDA FYT Android Head units you'll even find my automated downloader and stitcher for long trips (freebie)
Is it good. Well, the resolution is fine, but that standard overlay you would expect to be recorded on the inbuilt SD card slot is missing. Time date, but not speed or GPS location. And getting a software update to fix it? As someone mentioned before these guys don't really provide support.​
Weirdly if you have the rear view camera, T'eyes gives you a CamRec app that records vision to an external drive. And that footage does have time/date, speed, location and even a flashy logo. Sadly driving backwards everywhere isn't working for me.

Hope that helps. If you need a little help I would recommend jumping onto XDA forums. There are a few very generous smart guys there. And if you filter through the forums there, you may discover why it's called FYT. Joying and T'eyes resell the same physical hardware, they just "skin" it differently.

Good luck
Michael

Dashcam - yes, I have it. On XDA FYT Android Head units you'll even find my automated downloader and stitcher for long trips (freebie)
Is it good. Well, the resolution is fine, but that standard overlay you would expect to be recorded on the inbuilt SD card slot is missing. Time date, but not speed or GPS location. And getting a software update to fix it? As someone mentioned before these guys don't really provide support.​
Weirdly if you have the rear view camera, T'eyes gives you a CamRec app that records vision to an external drive. And that footage does have time/date, speed, location and even a flashy logo. Sadly driving backwards everywhere isn't working for me.

Hope that helps. If you need a little help I would recommend jumping onto XDA forums. There are a few very generous smart guys there. And if you filter through the forums there, you may discover why it's called FYT. Joying and T'eyes resell the same physical hardware, they just "skin" it differently
Sounds like a dedicated dashcam is still what I'll be looking for and a dedicated smartphone for data displays, thanks for the info especially the XDA thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom