Thoughts on potential 200 purchase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First, I want to sincerely thank you guys for consistently being a source of valuable insight and info on these vehicles!!! I've been searching diligently for a 200 for about 6-7 mos. now...still waiting patiently for the right one. I'm currently looking at a 2009 LX570 w/175k miles. Mileage is higher than I wanted but it's a clean 1-owner vehicle with a pretty solid maintenance history. Vehicle spent its entire life in OK, sold at auction and purchased by a local dealer here in GA. Vehicle looks and drives good. Priced reasonably at $26,900

Here are my concerns:

1. Pink powdery substance was on the underside of the transmission fluid pan and skid plate. I assume it's coolant by the consistency but I could be wrong. I was confused why there would be coolant so far back from the engine, but after some research this could be due to a coolant valley leak. Coolant valley leak was noted in dealer service history at 123k with no indication of repair.

2. Service history also indicates lower oil pan seeping and left rear shock seeping at 132k with no indication of repair. I didn't see evidence of either but everything is pretty well covered up on these vehicles and hard to get a good look.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to save my $185 on a PPI. Is it likely that a coolant valley leak can be diagnosed in a routine PPI? I certainly don't expect them to take apart the intake. I regret not getting a pics...but such is life! I would love you hear your thoughts and opinions.

Lexus Drivers History attached

Link to vehicle here: 2009 LX570

Thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

• Lexus Service History _ Lexus Drivers.pdf
    222.5 KB · Views: 85
1. Yes, probably the coolant valley leak, if I had to guess. You may be able to see more evidence of it by shining a flashlight down from the top of the engine near the firewall. It's fixable but not cheap. No idea how much coolant the truck is leaking so you might be find topping it off once in a while it you might have to drop the $ to have it repaired.

2. Rear shocks are easy to check and cheap to fix, at least on the LC. Not sure if the LX is different. On oil pan leak would be easy to fix as well if it's still happening. You have to drop the engine skid to really see where it's leaking from. If it's the oil pan I'd think that would be a fairly cheap fix. I'd be more concerned that the leak could be somewhere harder to repair like the rear main seal though.

Thanks, for the reply @linuxgod! Luckily, someone just called and placed a deposit on it so that made the decision much easier!!!

The search continues...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom