1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbors Cruiser

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by sandcruiser, Jul 11, 2005.

1. sandcruiser

sandcruiser

Media:
    Albums:
    Ok, so I've got a moral problem....

my business partner's Hyundai Galoper (4wd) is a POS. After months of telling him to get a cruiser, I finally found one for sale...

...but now I want it. :(

84 fj60- factory desmogged (3rd world model)
    high roof
    sunroof w/ map lights
    PTO winch
    5spd
    16" splits
    Factory Air
    Rear Slider Windows
    Power antenna
    factory grab handle
    interior is nearly perfect

Body is straight and rust free, paint is good, not perfect, but very good (don't like the color that much-- light blue)

Of course, I found it for him. And he's been asking me to look it over for him before he buys it. And he really needs a new truck and I really don't need another cruiser.

Ahh well. I guess I'll just have to view it enviously if he buys it.

thought I'd share with some sympathetic ears.... maybe make myself feel better.

2. Fearnofish!

Fearnofish!

I guess you have to ask yourself, how good of a friend is he? You should probably let him buy it. But atleast you'll have a fellow cruizer head to talk to. Sounds like a great truck. If it comes with an owners manual, could you scan it and post the specs for the factory desmogged engine? Wonder how it compares?

Ever do any fishing down there?

3. Doc

Doc

Media:
    Albums:
    Have him buy yours, and then buy the new one.

4. sandcruiser

sandcruiser

Media:
    Albums:
    if he gets it, I'll take pics of the motor. I'm not absolutely sure it is factory desmogged... but there is no smog equipment at all. I'll look more carefully later.

How good a friend? We own a business together. Spend all day at the same office. It would take some pretty smooth talking on my part to dig myself out of that grave.

I just wanted someone to point out to me that I couldn't do it. Sorta like the angel on the shoulder balancing out my cruiser-lust blinded self. :)

5. Fearnofish!

Fearnofish!

Wow,
    I'd be some scarrrry angel. Someone tells me i look like kevin spacey about twice a month.

Not the spacey from Usual Suspects but more like Seven. scaaaarrry. Just kidding.

6. flowman

flowman

Media:
    Albums:
    Steve, you can't do it--wouldn't be right. You'd blow all your cruiser karma and be screwed for life.

Tell him what a nice rig it is, and that you would buy it (depending on price I guess). Then if he doesn't buy it, you can scoop it up w/ a clear concience. But you've gotta give him the first crack at it.

Just my .02.

7. sandcruiser

sandcruiser

Media:
    Albums:
    first crack given. I think he's going to go for it. I'll just bide my time and find something I like better...